Apr 7, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
One of Russia’s biggest Olympic stars could be blocked from competing in Rio.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Russian pole vaulter is focused on Rio 2016.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Russian Olympic champion gave birth to daughter in June.
Jun 25, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
A to-be-published book, “Price of Gold,” sits on her coach/husband’s table.
Mar 25, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Usain Bolt, Missy Franklin up for Sportsman, Sportswoman of the Year.
Dec 30, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Security at the Sochi Olympics will not be increased due to two suicide bombings the last two days in Volgograd, Russian Olympic Committee president Alexander Zhukov said Monday. “All necessary measures are envisioned at the Olympic Games in Sochi,” Zhukov said, according to ITAR-TASS news agency. “No other security measures will be taken due to the terrorist…
Sep 5, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
Outgoing International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge‘s press conference Wednesday was largely uneventful, save a nine-word answer to a question about Russia’s most famous track and field athlete. Rogge, 71, was asked if it is appropriate that two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva remains in an Olympic ambassador role after her headline-making comments about Russia’s anti-gay law…
Aug 22, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Russia’s most famous track and field athlete put down her hometown, one week after her comments defending Russia’s anti-gay law caused a stir at the World Championships. Yelena Isinbayeva, two-time Olympic pole vault champion, said she would rather live in Monaco than Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad. “What can you do here, in the city, when Volgograd…
Aug 13, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Russia’s biggest track and field star gave the home crowd plenty to cheer about at the World Championships on Tuesday. Yelena Isinbayeva, the diva of pole vaulting, won her third world title in what may have been her final competition. With all of Isinbayeva’s clearances, Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow erupted with flag-waving Russian fans. She…
Aug 12, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
Jenn Suhr, the Olympic pole vault champion, felt anxious for months leading up to the World Championships. The prospect of facing two-time Olympic champion Yelena Isinbayeva, in Isinbayeva’s home country, in Isinbayeva’s last competition, was unsettling, even after defeating her at the London Games. Then Suhr flew across the Atlantic, got off the airplane and saw something…
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 1
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 1
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)