track and field
Jul 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Farah was to have “blood data, supplements data, everything surrounding his medical treatment” investigated.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Felix will be absent from the 200m at Worlds for the first time since 2001.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Rehm has the best long jump by a German this year, but he may have a competitive advantage.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
The British Olympic heptathlon champion will compete at a global championship for the first time since the London Games.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
“Why does it feel good, after running, to pour a bottle of water over your head?”
Jul 24, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
Less than a month until a showdown with Justin Gatlin at the World Championships.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Bolt was also asked if an athlete who has been caught cheating twice is worthy of breaking his world record.
Jul 23, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
Bolt was asked if it would be bad for the sport if Justin Gatlin won the World Championships.
Jul 21, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
Would Bolt like to race the 400m seriously before he retires?
Jul 17, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
An American record fell, too.
Jul 17, 2015, 8:29 AM EDT
The suit had disappeared on the night of the Opening Ceremony, after she lit the cauldron.
Jul 16, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
A seven-year project dug into some 33,000 hours of video, 500,000 pictures and 2,000 documents.
Jul 16, 2015, 8:20 AM EDT
The top three U.S. sprinters are in the same race for the first time.
Jul 15, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Ronda Rousey also had an interesting comment about a fellow Olympic bronze medalist.
Jul 15, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Jenner was to receive an ESPY award on Wednesday night.
Jul 15, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
A four-time Olympian and a longtime Oregon coach are going to Rio.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
“I don’t want to travel all that way and not medal or perform to my best.”
Jul 13, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Track and field’s international governing body changed its rules since last year.
Donovan Bailey jumps off CN Tower; Steve Nash lights cauldron at Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony (video)
Jul 11, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Nash was asked three weeks ago who he thought would light the cauldron and gave a very different answer.
Jul 10, 2015, 8:16 AM EDT
Bolt hasn’t competed since June 13 due to injury.
Jul 9, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Allyson Felix also won, but a major threat is rising in the 400m.
Jul 8, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Felix also repeated the World Championships schedule doesn’t allow for a 200m-400m double.
Jul 4, 2015, 6:57 PM EDT
The two claimed victory in the men’s and women’s 100 meters, while American Evan Jager came heartbreakingly close to making history in the steeplechase.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Trinidad and Tobago have been upgraded to silver and France to bronze.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Won’t face Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, who will forgo 200 meters to focus on 100.
- Greg Louganis recalls Olympic diving, HIV, coming out in ‘Back on Board’ film 0
- Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte miss medals; Katie Ledecky breaks record at Worlds 1
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)