Oct 20, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
How fast would they have to traverse the Bernabeu to have Olympic 100m final speed?
Oct 9, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Donovan was youngest member of the 2000 U.S. Olympic men’s soccer team, one month before his first USMNT cap.
Oct 7, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Team GB had an Olympic soccer team for the first time in 52 years in 2012.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
See video of finish in added time of extra time in Incheon.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Game will be played in South Korea with more than a gold medal at stake.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
Premier League club to move into the stadium in 2016.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Qatar World Cup could change dates to due high summer temperatures.
Sep 8, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Qatar World Cup could start in November or January instead of June-July.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
Neymar played in 2012, but there’s a new obstacle that could keep him out of 2016.
Jul 11, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Olympics will be Brazil’s “top priority” come Monday.
Jul 2, 2014, 8:21 AM EDT
Age, qualification, crammed schedule are in the way.
Jun 18, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
What the World Cup groups would look like if nations were represented by their greatest Olympians.
Jun 18, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Coach judges Fred’s dive for Brazil a 9.5 on Olympic scale.
Jun 16, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Michael Phelps, Mikaela Shiffrin and more follow U.S.-Ghana.
Jun 12, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
It’s a longshot, though.
Jun 10, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar were Olympians before World Cup debuts.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
South Korean goal scorer mimicked Apolo Ohno after controversial 2002 Winter Olympics.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
Sochi club team is being reformed.
Mar 17, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
World Cup expected to be shifted to winter but not clash with Olympics.
Mar 12, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Soccer star to promote Buenos Aires event.
Mar 2, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Jamaican coach hopes Bolt wants to play after 2016 Olympics.
Feb 27, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Sydney Leroux is an excellent striker, but not of golf balls.
Jan 8, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The 2022 World Cup will not be played during the hot summer in Qatar, a FIFA official said, but the proposed time window would not cross into the 2022 Winter Olympics. “The dates of the World Cup will not be in June or July,” FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke told France Inter Radio, according to…
Dec 5, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Nelson Mandela, who became South Africa’s first black president after spending 27 years in prison during an era of racial oppression, died at age 95 on Thursday. Mandela’s reach was global, in many aspects. Some of his most enduring images came with a backdrop of sports. He grew up an amateur boxer who admired the…
Nov 8, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
FIFA president Sepp Blatter said “consultations” are starting on moving the 2022 Qatar World Cup to the winter, but that it won’t overlap with the 2022 Olympics. “It can only be done in November-December, not January-February,” Blatter told reporters in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Friday, according to Agence France-Presse. Blatter is also an International Olympic…
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)