Jan 21, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
Boston hopes to become the first U.S. city to host an Olympics since Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Games.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:13 PM EST
Fenway Park has hosted Olympic medalists in different capacities.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:15 PM EST
Paris could become the second city to host the Olympics three times.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Plus early renderings of what Boston could look like with the 2024 Olympics.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:06 PM EST
Some of Boston’s most iconic athletes are Olympians.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:48 PM EST
U.S. hopes to host the Olympics for the first time since 2002.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:43 PM EST
The USOC will choose one of Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Washington, D.C. at some point this year, likely in the next month.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Rome 2024 bid could include events in Vatican City.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Marathon route over Golden Gate Bridge.
Dec 16, 2014, 7:12 PM EST
USOC could wait until February to announce its city.
Dec 15, 2014, 7:44 AM EST
Another challenger to a potential U.S. bid.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
Three Wizards players, one Capitals player and former presidential candidates make appearances.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
Four cities in the running for possible U.S. bid.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
Monday also marked a key date in 2024 U.S. Olympic bid process.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
Either Berlin or Hamburg will be chosen in March.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Those against Boston hosting an Olympics sent a letter to the USOC.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
“It would be Boston leading the United States,” Boston’s mayor said.
Oct 4, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
South America has never hosted a Winter Olympics.
Sep 26, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Forty of 47 organizations respond positively to USOC’s query.
Sep 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Board already included former NFL commissioner.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
“The city is the Olympic park,” official tells Boston Globe.
Sep 4, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Washington, D.C., is one of four U.S. cities hoping to earn a bid for the 2024 Olympics.
Sep 1, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Germany is the latest rival to a potential U.S. Olympic bid in 2024.
Jul 29, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Boston is one of four finalist cities for a potential U.S. bid for the 2024 Olympics.
Jul 25, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
USOC met with representatives from four finalist cities this week.
- Yohan Blake details ‘dreams’ for 2015 0
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 1
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Lindsey Vonn struggles in St. Moritz downhill (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)