Sep 2, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Some of the names most associated with Los Angeles professional sports teams are Olympians.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
An African nation has never hosted an Olympics.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
Budapest, Hamburg, Paris and Rome previously announced bids.
Aug 30, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
It can’t become official until later this week.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Dodger Stadium and The Forum are potential venues.
Aug 12, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
Los Angeles could become the second city to host an Olympics three times.
Aug 1, 2015, 3:09 PM EDT
It wants to make a decision by the end of the month.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
“I gave up following [Boston 2024] because it was pretty confusing.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The USOC has until Sept. 15 to submit a bid.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
One city’s mayor is open to discussions.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The 2024 bid race is down to four cities.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Public support in Boston and Massachusetts has been less than 50 percent for months.
Jul 22, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
“I guess everything’s on the table until you take it off the table.”
Jul 8, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hungarian capital states its case in letter to IOC president.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
“We’re not discussing right now the possibility of not submitting a bid.”
Jun 29, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
“The critical issue that everyone asks is, ‘Can we run a privately funded Games with a surplus?'”
Jun 23, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
Four cities have joined the race to host the 2024 Games.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Paris will join three confirmed bidders plus a fourth expected bidder.
Jun 16, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Support from a poll earlier this year suggests the bid will proceed.
May 22, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
“We want to rebuild the arena of the Colosseum so that the athletes can be lifted in like the gladiators in the Roman times.”
May 6, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Russia is focused on another major sporting event.
Apr 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
U.S. Olympic marathon and figure skating medalists are also in the group.
Apr 13, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The bid is not yet official, though.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Paris last bid for the 2012 Olympics and was considered a favorite but lost to London.
Mar 24, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Boston will not move forward with an Olympic bid if a majority of state and city residents don’t support it.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)