Jun 30, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
“We’re not discussing right now the possibility of not submitting a bid.”
Jun 29, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
“The critical issue that everyone asks is, ‘Can we run a privately funded Games with a surplus?'”
Jun 23, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
Four cities have joined the race to host the 2024 Games.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Paris will join three confirmed bidders plus a fourth expected bidder.
Jun 16, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Support from a poll earlier this year suggests the bid will proceed.
May 22, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
“We want to rebuild the arena of the Colosseum so that the athletes can be lifted in like the gladiators in the Roman times.”
May 6, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Russia is focused on another major sporting event.
Apr 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
U.S. Olympic marathon and figure skating medalists are also in the group.
Apr 13, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The bid is not yet official, though.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Paris last bid for the 2012 Olympics and was considered a favorite but lost to London.
Mar 24, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Boston will not move forward with an Olympic bid if a majority of state and city residents don’t support it.
Mar 16, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
More competition for Boston.
Mar 13, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
USOC CEO comments on Boston 2024’s approval ratings and more.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
IOC member and former South Africa Olympic Committee president previously said the nation was readying to bid.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
“Challenged relationships” hurt Chicago’s failed bid for the 2016 Olympics.
Jan 21, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Boston hopes to become the first U.S. city to host an Olympics since Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Games.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Fenway Park has hosted Olympic medalists in different capacities.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Paris could become the second city to host the Olympics three times.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT
Plus early renderings of what Boston could look like with the 2024 Olympics.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Some of Boston’s most iconic athletes are Olympians.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:48 PM EDT
U.S. hopes to host the Olympics for the first time since 2002.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
The USOC will choose one of Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Washington, D.C. at some point this year, likely in the next month.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Rome 2024 bid could include events in Vatican City.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Marathon route over Golden Gate Bridge.
Dec 16, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
USOC could wait until February to announce its city.
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)