Apr 13, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The bid is not yet official, though.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Paris last bid for the 2012 Olympics and was considered a favorite but lost to London.
Mar 24, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Boston will not move forward with an Olympic bid if a majority of state and city residents don’t support it.
Mar 16, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
More competition for Boston.
Mar 13, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
USOC CEO comments on Boston 2024’s approval ratings and more.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
IOC member and former South Africa Olympic Committee president previously said the nation was readying to bid.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
“Challenged relationships” hurt Chicago’s failed bid for the 2016 Olympics.
Jan 21, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Boston hopes to become the first U.S. city to host an Olympics since Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Games.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Fenway Park has hosted Olympic medalists in different capacities.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Paris could become the second city to host the Olympics three times.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT
Plus early renderings of what Boston could look like with the 2024 Olympics.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Some of Boston’s most iconic athletes are Olympians.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:48 PM EDT
U.S. hopes to host the Olympics for the first time since 2002.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
The USOC will choose one of Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Washington, D.C. at some point this year, likely in the next month.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Rome 2024 bid could include events in Vatican City.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Marathon route over Golden Gate Bridge.
Dec 16, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
USOC could wait until February to announce its city.
Dec 15, 2014, 7:44 AM EDT
Another challenger to a potential U.S. bid.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:26 AM EDT
Three Wizards players, one Capitals player and former presidential candidates make appearances.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Four cities in the running for possible U.S. bid.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
Monday also marked a key date in 2024 U.S. Olympic bid process.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Either Berlin or Hamburg will be chosen in March.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Those against Boston hosting an Olympics sent a letter to the USOC.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
“It would be Boston leading the United States,” Boston’s mayor said.
Oct 4, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
South America has never hosted a Winter Olympics.
- Figure skaters recall odd gifts from fans 0
- Lindsey Vonn talks ‘first-world problems’ on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’ 0
- Vitaly Scherbo weighs in on Kohei Uchimura 0
- Meb Keflezighi eighth after stopping, throwing up, crying at Boston Marathon 2
- Usain Bolt runs his slowest 100m final ever; Brazil TV simulates Bolt’s dream 100m race 2
- Katie Ledecky eyes daunting double at World Championships 0
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)