Jul 28, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
One city’s mayor is open to discussions.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
Public support in Boston and Massachusetts has been less than 50 percent for months.
Jul 22, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
“I guess everything’s on the table until you take it off the table.”
Jul 8, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hungarian capital states its case in letter to IOC president.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
“We’re not discussing right now the possibility of not submitting a bid.”
Jun 29, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
“The critical issue that everyone asks is, ‘Can we run a privately funded Games with a surplus?'”
Jun 23, 2015, 8:53 AM EDT
Four cities have joined the race to host the 2024 Games.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Paris will join three confirmed bidders plus a fourth expected bidder.
Jun 16, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Support from a poll earlier this year suggests the bid will proceed.
May 22, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
“We want to rebuild the arena of the Colosseum so that the athletes can be lifted in like the gladiators in the Roman times.”
May 6, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Russia is focused on another major sporting event.
Apr 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
U.S. Olympic marathon and figure skating medalists are also in the group.
Apr 13, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
The bid is not yet official, though.
Apr 9, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Paris last bid for the 2012 Olympics and was considered a favorite but lost to London.
Mar 24, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Boston will not move forward with an Olympic bid if a majority of state and city residents don’t support it.
Mar 16, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
More competition for Boston.
Mar 13, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
USOC CEO comments on Boston 2024’s approval ratings and more.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
IOC member and former South Africa Olympic Committee president previously said the nation was readying to bid.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
“Challenged relationships” hurt Chicago’s failed bid for the 2016 Olympics.
Jan 21, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Boston hopes to become the first U.S. city to host an Olympics since Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Games.
Jan 13, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Fenway Park has hosted Olympic medalists in different capacities.
Jan 9, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Paris could become the second city to host the Olympics three times.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:22 AM EDT
Plus early renderings of what Boston could look like with the 2024 Olympics.
Jan 8, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Some of Boston’s most iconic athletes are Olympians.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:48 PM EDT
U.S. hopes to host the Olympics for the first time since 2002.
- Phil Dalhausser, Sean Rosenthal split 0
- Boston ends bid for 2024 Olympics; USOC wants another city 5
- Boston mayor: Olympic bid won’t go forward if forced to sign contract today 3
- Neymar: I told Barcelona I want to play in Rio Olympics 1
- Michael Phelps: I’ve looked at my 22 medals together once or twice 0
- Simone Biles routs Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman at Secret Classic 2
- Usain Bolt returns with quick 100m wins in London 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)