Aug 22, 2014, 11:54 AM EDT
The U.S. women’s 3-on-3 basketball team is rolling through the Youth Olympic tournament, much like the senior national team performs at the Olympics.
Dejanae Boykin, Arike Ogunbowale, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson beat Romania 21-3, Indonesia 21-2, Egypt 21-6, Belgium 21-6, Thailand 21-5 and Andorra 22-5 in their first six games.
Samuelson, a class of 2015 recruit and UConn commit, also won bronze in a shootout contest Thursday.
The players are just as competitive off the court, as NBC’s Lewis Johnson found out in the athletes’ village.
NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra‘s coverage of the Youth Olympics continues Friday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. ET and Saturday from 9-11 p.m. ET.
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)