Aug 22, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
The U.S. women’s 3-on-3 basketball team is rolling through the Youth Olympic tournament, much like the senior national team performs at the Olympics.
Dejanae Boykin, Arike Ogunbowale, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson beat Romania 21-3, Indonesia 21-2, Egypt 21-6, Belgium 21-6, Thailand 21-5 and Andorra 22-5 in their first six games.
Samuelson, a class of 2015 recruit and UConn commit, also won bronze in a shootout contest Thursday.
The players are just as competitive off the court, as NBC’s Lewis Johnson found out in the athletes’ village.
NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra‘s coverage of the Youth Olympics continues Friday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. ET and Saturday from 9-11 p.m. ET.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)