Aug 22, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
The U.S. women’s 3-on-3 basketball team is rolling through the Youth Olympic tournament, much like the senior national team performs at the Olympics.
Dejanae Boykin, Arike Ogunbowale, Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson beat Romania 21-3, Indonesia 21-2, Egypt 21-6, Belgium 21-6, Thailand 21-5 and Andorra 22-5 in their first six games.
Samuelson, a class of 2015 recruit and UConn commit, also won bronze in a shootout contest Thursday.
The players are just as competitive off the court, as NBC’s Lewis Johnson found out in the athletes’ village.
NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra‘s coverage of the Youth Olympics continues Friday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. ET and Saturday from 9-11 p.m. ET.
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 6
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)