Aug 14, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
The baton Usain Bolt carried in the Commonwealth Games 4x100m relay final was auctioned for a closing bid of about $4,000.
Bolt ran with the baton for about 10 seconds in the Aug. 2 final, winning gold with his Jamaican teammates at his first meet of the year.
The auction website called it, “perhaps the most coveted piece of sporting equipment available from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.”
Bolt is next scheduled to race on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)