Aug 14, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
The baton Usain Bolt carried in the Commonwealth Games 4x100m relay final was auctioned for a closing bid of about $4,000.
Bolt ran with the baton for about 10 seconds in the Aug. 2 final, winning gold with his Jamaican teammates at his first meet of the year.
The auction website called it, “perhaps the most coveted piece of sporting equipment available from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.”
Bolt is next scheduled to race on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.
- Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charges 2
- Lauryn Williams ‘playing with the idea’ of bobsled this season 0
- Lindsey Vonn set for first skiing in 10 months, named 2016 Youth Olympics ambassador 0
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- IOC adds anti-discrimination clause to Olympic host city contract 0
- Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky lead Golden Goggles nominees 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)