Aug 14, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
The baton Usain Bolt carried in the Commonwealth Games 4x100m relay final was auctioned for a closing bid of about $4,000.
Bolt ran with the baton for about 10 seconds in the Aug. 2 final, winning gold with his Jamaican teammates at his first meet of the year.
The auction website called it, “perhaps the most coveted piece of sporting equipment available from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.”
Bolt is next scheduled to race on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 0
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 2
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 5
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)