Aug 14, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
The baton Usain Bolt carried in the Commonwealth Games 4x100m relay final was auctioned for a closing bid of about $4,000.
Bolt ran with the baton for about 10 seconds in the Aug. 2 final, winning gold with his Jamaican teammates at his first meet of the year.
The auction website called it, “perhaps the most coveted piece of sporting equipment available from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.”
Bolt is next scheduled to race on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Maribor slalom, snags World Cup lead in teenage finale (video) 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)