Aug 10, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
IRVINE, Calif. — Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky headline the 60-swimmer U.S. roster for the Pan Pacific Championships.
The team was finalized at the U.S. Championships here this past week.
It will next head to Brisbane, Australia for a training camp and then Gold Coast for Pan Pacs, the year’s major international meet, from Aug. 21-25. NBC Universal will have coverage of the meet.
Swimmers who made the team can enter any individual event they want at Pan Pacs, but only two swimmers per nation can qualify for finals at Pan Pacs.
Pan Pacs pit U.S. swimmers against the world’s best swimmers outside of Europe.
Here’s the team:
Missy Franklin — Five Olympic medals
Katie Ledecky — Olympic 800m free champion
Nathan Adrian — Olympic 100m free champion
Tyler Clary — Olympic 200m back champion
Anthony Ervin — 2000 Olympic 50m free champion
Matt Grevers — Olympic 100m back champion
Ryan Lochte — 11 Olympic medals
Michael Phelps — 22 Olympic medals
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)