Aug 10, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
IRVINE, Calif. — Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky headline the 60-swimmer U.S. roster for the Pan Pacific Championships.
The team was finalized at the U.S. Championships here this past week.
It will next head to Brisbane, Australia for a training camp and then Gold Coast for Pan Pacs, the year’s major international meet, from Aug. 21-25. NBC Universal will have coverage of the meet.
Swimmers who made the team can enter any individual event they want at Pan Pacs, but only two swimmers per nation can qualify for finals at Pan Pacs.
Pan Pacs pit U.S. swimmers against the world’s best swimmers outside of Europe.
Here’s the team:
Missy Franklin — Five Olympic medals
Katie Ledecky — Olympic 800m free champion
Nathan Adrian — Olympic 100m free champion
Tyler Clary — Olympic 200m back champion
Anthony Ervin — 2000 Olympic 50m free champion
Matt Grevers — Olympic 100m back champion
Ryan Lochte — 11 Olympic medals
Michael Phelps — 22 Olympic medals
- Rio 2016 Olympics day-by-day events to watch 0
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)