Aug 8, 2014, 10:44 AM EST
Vincent Gauthier-Manuel, who won three Sochi Paralympic Alpine skiing medals, took one of those medals and melted part of it to secretly make an engagement ring for his wife-to-be, according to French newspaper L’Est Républicain.
Gauthier-Manuel won a gold, silver and bronze medal in Sochi. So, which did he melt?
The silver, though Parasport-News reports the medal’s original integrity remains.
Gauthier-Manuel had plenty of medals to choose from, having also won three at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympics.
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir at Super Bowl Media Day (video) 0
- Galen Rupp talks training with Mo Farah, marathons, weird drug test story 0
- Russian Olympic, World champions get doping bans 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin lead World Alpine Skiing Championships women’s preview 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch relay details announced 0
- K.C. Boutiette returns to World Cup speed skating for first time since 2006 0
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)