Aug 8, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Vincent Gauthier-Manuel, who won three Sochi Paralympic Alpine skiing medals, took one of those medals and melted part of it to secretly make an engagement ring for his wife-to-be, according to French newspaper L’Est Républicain.
Gauthier-Manuel won a gold, silver and bronze medal in Sochi. So, which did he melt?
The silver, though Parasport-News reports the medal’s original integrity remains.
Gauthier-Manuel had plenty of medals to choose from, having also won three at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympics.
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 1
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)