Aug 8, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Vincent Gauthier-Manuel, who won three Sochi Paralympic Alpine skiing medals, took one of those medals and melted part of it to secretly make an engagement ring for his wife-to-be, according to French newspaper L’Est Républicain.
Gauthier-Manuel won a gold, silver and bronze medal in Sochi. So, which did he melt?
The silver, though Parasport-News reports the medal’s original integrity remains.
Gauthier-Manuel had plenty of medals to choose from, having also won three at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympics.
- Japan’s Machida routs U.S. men at Skate America; ice dancers make history 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)