Aug 8, 2014, 10:44 AM EST
Vincent Gauthier-Manuel, who won three Sochi Paralympic Alpine skiing medals, took one of those medals and melted part of it to secretly make an engagement ring for his wife-to-be, according to French newspaper L’Est Républicain.
Gauthier-Manuel won a gold, silver and bronze medal in Sochi. So, which did he melt?
The silver, though Parasport-News reports the medal’s original integrity remains.
Gauthier-Manuel had plenty of medals to choose from, having also won three at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympics.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)