Jul 30, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
The water main break that flooded UCLA’s campus on Tuesday hit athletic venues, notably Pauley Pavilion and the university’s track and field complex, Drake Stadium.
Up to 10 million gallons of water gushed for nearly four hours after a 15-foot sinkhole blew open at about 3:30 p.m., according to NBC Los Angeles.
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin: I have to learn how to come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)