Jul 30, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
The water main break that flooded UCLA’s campus on Tuesday hit athletic venues, notably Pauley Pavilion and the university’s track and field complex, Drake Stadium.
Up to 10 million gallons of water gushed for nearly four hours after a 15-foot sinkhole blew open at about 3:30 p.m., according to NBC Los Angeles.
- Patrick Chan’s return about more than elusive Olympic gold medal 1
- Tiger Woods: Olympics ‘very important’ as he attempts climb to Rio 2016 2
- Warren Weir calls Ryan Bailey ‘a little nobody’ after Usain Bolt taunt 5
- U.S. blanks Canada for gold at IPC World Sled Hockey Championship 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Tiger Woods announce breakup 7
- U.S. holds off Usain Bolt at World Relays (video) 3
- Kim Rhode still No. 1 after difficult pregnancy, gun change on road to history in Rio 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)