Jul 30, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
The water main break that flooded UCLA’s campus on Tuesday hit athletic venues, notably Pauley Pavilion and the university’s track and field complex, Drake Stadium.
Up to 10 million gallons of water gushed for nearly four hours after a 15-foot sinkhole blew open at about 3:30 p.m., according to NBC Los Angeles.
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 0
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Jim Craig wants to sell ‘Miracle on Ice’ memorabilia, gold medal 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)