Jul 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
The Commonwealth Games provided a 41-shot table tennis rally and a 59-shot badminton rally Monday. The table tennis made it onto YouTube, while the badminton lives on the BBC’s website (video available to UK users).
The table tennis rally came in the men’s team semifinals. Nigeria’s Segun Toriola won the epic point, but Gao Ning won the best-of-five match, helping Singapore advance and ultimately win the gold medal.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)