Jul 14, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Four 2012 Olympic gold medalists were among 19 men named to the USA Basketball National Team training camp roster Monday.
Here’s the full list:
Anthony Davis — Olympian
Kevin Durant — Olympian
James Harden — Olympian
Kevin Love — Olympian
The players will participate in a July 28-Aug. 1 training camp in Las Vegas. The FIBA World Cup team, which is usually 12 players, will be selected from the group.
The FIBA World Cup winner qualifies for the 2016 Olympic basketball tournament.
The FIBA World Cup is slated for Aug. 30-Sept. 14 in Spain. It was previously known as the World Championships, with the U.S. winning the most recent title in 2010 (its first title since 1994).
The U.S.’ biggest competition should be host Spain, the two-time reigning Olympic silver medalist.
Five members of the 2010 World Championships team went on to make the 2012 Olympic Team (Tyson Chandler, Durant, Andre Iguodala, Love and Westbrook).
May 21, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Skaters, skiers, gymnasts, track and field athletes and more.
May 21, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
Russia ceded its place as top challenger to the U.S. in recent Olympics.
May 20, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
They were a gift from a previous Olympic host city.
May 20, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
Usain Bolt dropped on the list and is no longer the top track and field athlete.
May 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Markus Rehm jumped another personal best on Saturday, moving up the list of top active jumpers.
May 20, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Letterman had a special correspondent at the 1994 and 1998 Winter Olympics.
May 20, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
The Olympic silver medalist has been off the elite competition radar for nearly two years.
May 20, 2015, 11:56 AM EDT
The World champion explained the origin of her design.
May 20, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Gatlin’s agent also called the sprinter “misunderstood.”
May 20, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
A stopwatch used to time Bannister’s feat was also recently auctioned.
May 19, 2015, 12:41 PM EDT
Seebohm took silver behind Franklin in 2012 and 2013 but was faster last year.
May 19, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
“They didn’t have any respect for me.”
May 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The 22-time Olympic medalist finished first or second in zero events at a meet for the first time since the Sydney 2000 Olympics.
May 18, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
David Boudia leads the team, while a four-time Olympian just missed.
May 18, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
The three-time World champion is training again but isn’t definite on competing.
May 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Canada is grouped with South Korea in what could be a rout in preliminary play.
May 17, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby joined an elite club with another career accolade.
May 17, 2015, 1:37 PM EDT
It can qualify for the Olympics next month.
May 17, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby vs. Alex Ovechkin for gold.
May 17, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
The U.S. fared better than it did at the 2014 Olympics, despite bringing back just one player from Sochi.
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- U.S. grouped with Russia in 2018 Winter Olympic men’s hockey tournament 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)