Jul 8, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Citing a digestive ailment, Mo Farah has pulled out of the Glasgow Diamond League track meet, set to take place July 11-12. He was entered in the two-mile race.
Alberto Salazar, Farah’s coach, told The Oregonian that Farah felt severe stomach pains while training in Park City, Utah last week. He was hospitalized and underwent tests, but no serious ailment was discovered.
He has flown to the UK for further testing with the British Athletics medical team.
Farah released a statement apologizing:
Sorry to everyone in Scotland but I won’t be able to make it there this week. I hope to resume training in the next few days and aim to run in the London Anniversary Games on July 20 and then the Commonwealth Games the following week.
The reigning Olympic champion in the 5000m and 10000m distances, Farah tried the marathon distance in London in April, finishing eighth.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 AM EDT
Key swimmers and events to watch.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Action gets started Sunday in Kazan.
Jul 31, 2015, 6:12 AM EDT
Beijing beat Almaty, Kazakhstan, in a very close IOC vote.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT
A US Sailing official maintained his stance on the Rio water from last year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Watch the goalie’s interview on The Dan Patrick Show.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Farah was to have “blood data, supplements data, everything surrounding his medical treatment” investigated.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra and Universal Sports will combine for daily coverage.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
Either way, the vote will mark an Olympic first.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Felix will be absent from the 200m at Worlds for the first time since 2001.
Jul 29, 2015, 4:49 PM EDT
Biles won’t be eligible to compete collegiately.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
It would be tougher for Wambach to make the Rio Olympic team than the 2015 World Cup team.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Rehm has the best long jump by a German this year, but he may have a competitive advantage.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
“If you are in the world’s top 50, you should be able to play in the Olympics.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
“I gave up following [Boston 2024] because it was pretty confusing.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The USOC has until Sept. 15 to submit a bid.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
Craig wants $5.7 million total for all the whole collection.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Its Olympic qualifying tournament is in less than two months.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Watch Kim play badminton with Michelle Kwan.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Miller said June 15 he could ski a partial 2015-16 season, and a report last week cited Miller saying he would take at least one year off.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
One city’s mayor is open to discussions.
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 0
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 2
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)