Jul 8, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Citing a digestive ailment, Mo Farah has pulled out of the Glasgow Diamond League track meet, set to take place July 11-12. He was entered in the two-mile race.
Alberto Salazar, Farah’s coach, told The Oregonian that Farah felt severe stomach pains while training in Park City, Utah last week. He was hospitalized and underwent tests, but no serious ailment was discovered.
He has flown to the UK for further testing with the British Athletics medical team.
Farah released a statement apologizing:
Sorry to everyone in Scotland but I won’t be able to make it there this week. I hope to resume training in the next few days and aim to run in the London Anniversary Games on July 20 and then the Commonwealth Games the following week.
The reigning Olympic champion in the 5000m and 10000m distances, Farah tried the marathon distance in London in April, finishing eighth.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:25 PM EST
U.S. mile record holder wants to make the Rio Olympic team in triathlon.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Franklin will likely need at least two Olympics to pass three U.S. women who share the Olympic medals record.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:34 PM EST
But the Olympic judo bronze medalist would welcome a fight with Cyborg under certain conditions.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:03 PM EST
Canada hasn’t been that high since 1996.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:03 PM EST
A first for the U.S. in 20 years.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:39 AM EST
But a “50-50″ shot at qualifying for the Olympics this summer.
Mar 4, 2015, 8:56 AM EST
France may have to qualify for Rio with a team led by Tony Parker.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:20 PM EST
Previously, Phelps and USA Swimming agreed he would withdraw from the World Championships team due to his DUI arrest.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
The Olympic champion competes next week for the first time since July.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:07 AM EST
How do the versions for Toronto 2015 compare to previous Pan Am Games medals?
Mar 3, 2015, 10:27 AM EST
Even if baseball is re-added to the Olympics, Fukushima might not be a logical choice to host games.
Mar 2, 2015, 4:59 PM EST
Team GB’s men and women were ousted in the 2012 Olympic quarterfinals.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:28 PM EST
The Olympic judo bronze medalist is compared to a former dominant heavyweight boxer.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:47 AM EST
Walsh Jennings also had breakfast with a beach legend in Rio de Janeiro.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:11 AM EST
IOC member and former South Africa Olympic Committee president previously said the nation was readying to bid.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:21 AM EST
Bowe skated with dominance not seen since 2003.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:47 AM EST
Vonn is three away from another World Cup mark.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:44 AM EST
Austrian rival puts on a dominating performance in Garmisch.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:31 AM EST
Vonn will get another chance on Monday.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Rousey is undefeated in 11 pro fights since winning Olympic judo bronze in 2008.
- Alan Webb set for first Olympic-sized triathlon test Saturday 0
- Missy Franklin’s dream to become most decorated female swimmer ever 1
- U.S. aerialists, elementary school classmates, sweep World Cup titles 0
- Michael Phelps may be reinstated for World Championships, report says 0
- David Boudia scraps springboard plan; Nick McCrory retires 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)