Jul 8, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Citing a digestive ailment, Mo Farah has pulled out of the Glasgow Diamond League track meet, set to take place July 11-12. He was entered in the two-mile race.
Alberto Salazar, Farah’s coach, told The Oregonian that Farah felt severe stomach pains while training in Park City, Utah last week. He was hospitalized and underwent tests, but no serious ailment was discovered.
He has flown to the UK for further testing with the British Athletics medical team.
Farah released a statement apologizing:
Sorry to everyone in Scotland but I won’t be able to make it there this week. I hope to resume training in the next few days and aim to run in the London Anniversary Games on July 20 and then the Commonwealth Games the following week.
The reigning Olympic champion in the 5000m and 10000m distances, Farah tried the marathon distance in London in April, finishing eighth.
Aug 20, 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
U.S. star first suffered back spasms at Tuesday practice.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Defending champion feels no added pressure despite seeing her face all around Pittsburgh.
Aug 20, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Would Davis excel in softball if she tried it?
Aug 20, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Can Allyson Felix finally topple Tori Bowie?
Aug 20, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
First medals awarded on an Olympic stage in rugby since 1924.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
Lily Zhang scored a breakthrough for U.S. table tennis.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:28 AM EDT
Gold medalists Hannah Moore and Clara Smiddy will go from Nanjing to Ann Arbor.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
U.S. vs. Australia in sprint head to head; outlook for Phelps and Lochte.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Will Katie Ledecky be tested?
Aug 20, 2014, 5:34 AM EDT
Phelps’ debut in Australia pushed back to Friday.
Aug 20, 2014, 5:08 AM EDT
Video of Franklin being gingerly helped away from the pool.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Phelps also reflects on his first Olympics, also in Australia.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
More medals could be in Indy native’s future in Nanjing.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Former Giant must shoot for a specific distance in the triple jump.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Summer and Winter Olympian said she has taken no breaks more than two days in the last two years.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
Canadian makes Olympic history with first career hole-in-one.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:04 AM EDT
Athletes gaining social media friends via interesting device in Nanjing.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Watch what happens when the world’s best teenage athletes interview themselves.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
The Jamaican sprinter finishes in 10.06 on Copcabana beach, nearly half a second off his world-record pace.
Aug 17, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Team USA won its first three medals at the Youth Olympics in Nanjing Sunday.
- Simone Biles a tall favorite at P&G Championships; women’s preview 0
- Jennie Finch, Lisa Fernandez weigh in on Mo’ne Davis 0
- Pan Pacific Championships men’s events preview 0
- Pan Pacific Championships women’s events preview 0
- Missy Franklin (back) in doubt for Pan Pacific Championships 0
- Golf debuts at Youth Olympics with hole-in-one (video) 0
- Youth Olympics begin with festive Opening Ceremony in Nanjing (photos) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)