Jul 3, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Michael Phelps will compete in his fourth swim meet since coming out of a twenty-month retirement in April. According to psych sheets released for the Georgia Bulldog Slam, to be held July 10th-13th in Athens, Ga., Phelps will race the 100 fly, 100 backstroke and 100 free.
This smaller swim meet will be most swimmers’ final stop before August’s U.S. Championships, a selection meet for the U.S.A. National Team and the Pan Pac Championships in Australia.
Ryan Lochte has entered seven events for his first meet since scratching out of the final day of the Mesa Grand Prix. He was still recovering from a torn MCL and ACL, suffered in a fan run-in last November, at that meet; his performances next week should indicate if his knee is back to full health.
Two of Lochte’s entered events, the 100 free and 100 fly, overlap with Phelps’ schedule.
Phelps and Lochte last face-off was the 100 fly in Mesa, where Phelps came in second to Lochte by two-tenths of a second.
The 100 free will also be one of the weekend’s biggest races, with fellow Olympians Conor Dwyer, Cullen Jones and France’s Yannick Agnel also entered.
Lochte’s full program is the 100 free, 200 free, 400 free, 100 back, 200 back, 100 fly and 200 IM. It’s likely he’ll withdraw from several of these events closer to the meet.
Aug 4, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
The film includes footage from Olympics from 1976 through 2012.
Aug 4, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Franklin got a horrible start in the 100m backstroke.
Aug 4, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
U.S. sailors comment while training at Guanabara Bay.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
The Olympics open on Aug. 5, 2016.
Aug 3, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
“We swim in waters all around the world, and this was no different from anywhere else,” Gwen Jorgensen said.
Aug 3, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
May-Treanor retired after the London Olympics and had a baby.
Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships
Aug 3, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Lochte posted his best time since the London Olympics.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Boudia trounced one Chinese star but was beaten by a longtime rival.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:35 AM EDT
“It did feel pretty easy.”
Aug 2, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
Also, a U.S. Olympic champion’s world record was broken in a semifinal.
Aug 2, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
They could make history in Rio de Janeiro.
Aug 2, 2015, 1:28 AM EDT
Rousey is a 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist.
Aug 1, 2015, 3:09 PM EDT
It wants to make a decision by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 AM EDT
Key swimmers and events to watch.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Action gets started Sunday in Kazan.
Jul 31, 2015, 6:12 AM EDT
Beijing beat Almaty, Kazakhstan, in a very close IOC vote.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT
A US Sailing official maintained his stance on the Rio water from last year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Watch the goalie’s interview on The Dan Patrick Show.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Farah was to have “blood data, supplements data, everything surrounding his medical treatment” investigated.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra and Universal Sports will combine for daily coverage.
- Greg Louganis recalls Olympic diving, HIV, coming out in ‘Back on Board’ film 0
- Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte miss medals; Katie Ledecky breaks record at Worlds 1
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)