Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Olympic 200m champion Allyson Felix withdrew before the 100m semifinals Friday at the U.S. Championships, her only event at the Sacramento, Calif., meet.
Felix tied for 14th overall in the 100m preliminary heats Thursday at 11.53 seconds to be among 16 women advancing.
She did not appear to be a favorite to win the U.S. title after she said before the meet she wasn’t all the way back from a torn hamstring suffered at the 2013 World Championships.
[WATCH LIVE: U.S. Championships, Friday at 10 pm ET]
“My speed is struggling, and I don’t have the turnover that I typically have,” she said, according to The Associated Press. “I’m hoping by the end of this season I’m able to produce some really great times. I’m hoping that August is really a time that I can peak. We’ll see if it goes according to plan or not.”
Felix did not enter her signature event, the 200m, at the U.S. Championships.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
“I’m like, Michael, 2016, Rio, 50 free, 100 free, just a relay.”
Apr 17, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
The finals are at 9 p.m. ET on Universal Sports.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Plushenko wants to compete in a fifth Olympics in 2018.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
It took organizers about 20 minutes to figure out what happened Sunday.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
“It doesn’t seem like she has served a ban.”
Apr 17, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Phelps outdueled Ryan Lochte, but he was slower than last year.
Apr 16, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
If Phelps is added by FINA, the U.S. might be able to try for podium sweeps at the World Championships.
Apr 16, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Phelps and Ryan Lochte appear headed for a showdown Thursday night.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Canada has a shot to qualify for its first Olympics since 2000.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
“There is no legitimate case for nationality change,” a British official said.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
See Eugene’s bid video for 2019 that failed to get a taste of what Worlds will be like in the U.S.
Apr 15, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
The gold-medal game will be live on NBCSN.
Apr 15, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Phelps discussed his time away from swimming during his suspension.
Apr 15, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The video states that the swimming stadium is 58 percent complete.
Apr 15, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The world’s best all-around swimmer competes in Mesa this week.
Apr 14, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
Armstrong explained her comeback on social media.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
There’s Michael Phelps, but also much more.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
The blue track is for departures, and the red for arrivals.
Apr 13, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
A swimmer, a boxer, a triathlete and a gymnast all look unbeatable.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Only one woman is currently doing a triple Axel, and none are doing quads.
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 0
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Eugene gets 2021 World Track and Field Championships 0
- Michael Phelps accepts missing World Championships, eyes Rio Olympics 0
- Katinka Hosszu emerges from depression to become swimming’s Iron Lady 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)