Jun 27, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Olympic 200m champion Allyson Felix withdrew before the 100m semifinals Friday at the U.S. Championships, her only event at the Sacramento, Calif., meet.
Felix tied for 14th overall in the 100m preliminary heats Thursday at 11.53 seconds to be among 16 women advancing.
She did not appear to be a favorite to win the U.S. title after she said before the meet she wasn’t all the way back from a torn hamstring suffered at the 2013 World Championships.
[WATCH LIVE: U.S. Championships, Friday at 10 pm ET]
“My speed is struggling, and I don’t have the turnover that I typically have,” she said, according to The Associated Press. “I’m hoping by the end of this season I’m able to produce some really great times. I’m hoping that August is really a time that I can peak. We’ll see if it goes according to plan or not.”
Felix did not enter her signature event, the 200m, at the U.S. Championships.
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 1
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 1
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)