Jun 10, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
Olympic ice dancing champion Charlie White appears to have successfully proposed to girlfriend and Olympic silver medalist Tanith Belbin in Hawaii.
White and Belbin have long been a couple and have known each other going back to Belbin’s competitive days. Belbin and ice dancing partner Ben Agosto won five straight U.S. titles starting in 2004 before Meryl Davis and White won six straight through last season.
Davis and White won’t be making it seven straight, though, as they are taking next year off.
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)