May 7, 2014, 8:34 AM EDT
“Beat the Streets,” a Team USA vs. The World international wrestling dual meet in Times Square, will air on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra on Wednesday at 10:30 p.m. ET.
U.S. Olympic champion Jordan Burroughs headlines the event featuring 11 top Americans against a team of world all-stars in the heart of New York City. The U.S. team also includes NCAA Hodge Award winners David Taylor and Brent Metcalf and 2008 Olympic women’s bronze medalist Randi Miller and 2012 World Championships silver medalist Helen Maroulis.
2000 Olympic champion Rulon Gardner will be on the NBCSN coverage team as a color commentator, along with play-by-play man Jason Knapp and sideline reporter Chris Mannix.
NBCSN will air an encore presentation on Thursday at 4 p.m. ET.
This is the third straight year a wrestling meet will be held at a New York landmark, following “The Rumble on the Rails” inside Grand Central Terminal in 2013 and “The Grapple in the Big Apple” in 2012, also in Times Square.
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)