May 7, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
“Beat the Streets,” a Team USA vs. The World international wrestling dual meet in Times Square, will air on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra on Wednesday at 10:30 p.m. ET.
U.S. Olympic champion Jordan Burroughs headlines the event featuring 11 top Americans against a team of world all-stars in the heart of New York City. The U.S. team also includes NCAA Hodge Award winners David Taylor and Brent Metcalf and 2008 Olympic women’s bronze medalist Randi Miller and 2012 World Championships silver medalist Helen Maroulis.
2000 Olympic champion Rulon Gardner will be on the NBCSN coverage team as a color commentator, along with play-by-play man Jason Knapp and sideline reporter Chris Mannix.
NBCSN will air an encore presentation on Thursday at 4 p.m. ET.
This is the third straight year a wrestling meet will be held at a New York landmark, following “The Rumble on the Rails” inside Grand Central Terminal in 2013 and “The Grapple in the Big Apple” in 2012, also in Times Square.
- David Boudia scraps springboard plan; Nick McCrory retires 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)