Apr 24, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Meb Keflezighi was cheered by thousands of Bostonians again Wednesday night, throwing a ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park.
Keflezighi, who became the first U.S. man to win the Boston Marathon since 1983 on Monday, also met David Ortiz and Derek Jeter before the game. His custom jersey number was 26.2.
Keflezighi would have to circle the bases 384 times to complete 26.2 miles on a diamond.
- Rio 2016 Olympics day-by-day events to watch 0
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)