Apr 24, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Meb Keflezighi was cheered by thousands of Bostonians again Wednesday night, throwing a ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park.
Keflezighi, who became the first U.S. man to win the Boston Marathon since 1983 on Monday, also met David Ortiz and Derek Jeter before the game. His custom jersey number was 26.2.
Keflezighi would have to circle the bases 384 times to complete 26.2 miles on a diamond.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)