Apr 24, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Meb Keflezighi was cheered by thousands of Bostonians again Wednesday night, throwing a ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park.
Keflezighi, who became the first U.S. man to win the Boston Marathon since 1983 on Monday, also met David Ortiz and Derek Jeter before the game. His custom jersey number was 26.2.
Keflezighi would have to circle the bases 384 times to complete 26.2 miles on a diamond.
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 5
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)