Apr 24, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Meb Keflezighi was cheered by thousands of Bostonians again Wednesday night, throwing a ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park.
Keflezighi, who became the first U.S. man to win the Boston Marathon since 1983 on Monday, also met David Ortiz and Derek Jeter before the game. His custom jersey number was 26.2.
Keflezighi would have to circle the bases 384 times to complete 26.2 miles on a diamond.
- Missy Franklin (back) in doubt for Pan Pacific Championships 0
- Golf debuts at Youth Olympics with hole-in-one (video) 0
- Youth Olympics begin with festive Opening Ceremony in Nanjing (photos) 0
- Some athletes from Ebola-hit nations barred from competing at Youth Olympics 0
- Runner DQ’d at European Championships for taking shirt off before win 12
- Amy Van Dyken-Rouen ‘1,000 times better’ leaving hospital (video) 1
- Janet Evans sees parallels with Katie Ledecky 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)