Apr 24, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Meb Keflezighi was cheered by thousands of Bostonians again Wednesday night, throwing a ceremonial first pitch before the Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park.
Keflezighi, who became the first U.S. man to win the Boston Marathon since 1983 on Monday, also met David Ortiz and Derek Jeter before the game. His custom jersey number was 26.2.
Keflezighi would have to circle the bases 384 times to complete 26.2 miles on a diamond.
- Vitaly Scherbo weighs in on Kohei Uchimura 0
- Meb Keflezighi eighth after stopping, throwing up, crying at Boston Marathon 1
- Usain Bolt runs his slowest 100m final ever; Brazil TV simulates Bolt’s dream 100m race 2
- Katie Ledecky eyes daunting double at World Championships 0
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)