Apr 22, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski are teaming up again, this time to cover the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks on NBC and NBCSN.
The Sochi Olympic figure skating analysts, who also reported together at the Academy Awards and the Best of U.S. Awards, will be fashion experts at the Kentucky Oaks on May 2 (3-6 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and the Kentucky Derby on May 3 (12-4 p.m. ET on NBCSN, 4-7 on NBC).
The Kentucky Derby is known for its fashion as well as the Run for the Roses. Attendees are dressed to the nines, with elaborate hats a must and mint juleps the popular drink of choice.
“Johnny and Tara have an infectious energy that will bring a fun and fresh perspective to our Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks telecasts,” said Rob Hyland, Coordinating Producer for NBC Sports Group. “They will be in their element amid the big-event atmosphere and pageantry of Churchill Downs.”
Weir attended the 2010 Kentucky Derby, a little over two months after his final Olympic appearance. Here’s what he wore:
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)