Apr 22, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski are teaming up again, this time to cover the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks on NBC and NBCSN.
The Sochi Olympic figure skating analysts, who also reported together at the Academy Awards and the Best of U.S. Awards, will be fashion experts at the Kentucky Oaks on May 2 (3-6 p.m. ET on NBCSN) and the Kentucky Derby on May 3 (12-4 p.m. ET on NBCSN, 4-7 on NBC).
The Kentucky Derby is known for its fashion as well as the Run for the Roses. Attendees are dressed to the nines, with elaborate hats a must and mint juleps the popular drink of choice.
“Johnny and Tara have an infectious energy that will bring a fun and fresh perspective to our Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks telecasts,” said Rob Hyland, Coordinating Producer for NBC Sports Group. “They will be in their element amid the big-event atmosphere and pageantry of Churchill Downs.”
Weir attended the 2010 Kentucky Derby, a little over two months after his final Olympic appearance. Here’s what he wore:
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)