Apr 8, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Lindsey Vonn recently had a little fun during her recovery from knee surgery, working incognito as a ski ticket agent in Vail, Colo.
Vonn, in a hat, glasses and ponytail, fooled customer after customer, despite mentioning her name in the third person several times. She spoke German and empathized with one man who said he tore his ACL.
One man appeared to recognize her though, saying he dreams about her at night.
“Nice,” Vonn said. “That’s super creepy.”
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 0
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 1
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 4
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)