Apr 8, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Lindsey Vonn recently had a little fun during her recovery from knee surgery, working incognito as a ski ticket agent in Vail, Colo.
Vonn, in a hat, glasses and ponytail, fooled customer after customer, despite mentioning her name in the third person several times. She spoke German and empathized with one man who said he tore his ACL.
One man appeared to recognize her though, saying he dreams about her at night.
“Nice,” Vonn said. “That’s super creepy.”
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)