Mar 28, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Usain Bolt had a foot injury but will return to training next week and not miss any meets he had already scheduled, his agent said.
“It was nothing major, his foot was sore and he went to Munich for treatment,” Ricky Simms said in an email. “He is back in Jamaica now and able to resume training next week. We have not cancelled any of the meets that were previously announced.”
L’Equipe reported Bolt was in Munich for two weeks for treatment.
The six-time Olympic champion’s next scheduled meet is in Ostrava, Czech Republic, on June 17. Simms did not say if Bolt plans to enter any meets between now and June 17, though Agence France-Presse reported Bolt will not race before Ostrava.
Bolt has yet to race this year. A season debut in June would be late for him.
Last year, Bolt’s season debut came in Kingston at the Camperdown Classic on Feb. 9. He then ran in the Cayman Invitational on May 9 despite going into the meet with a hamstring injury. It was announced on March 19 that Bolt would run in Rome on June 6 in his Diamond League season debut.
There are no World Outdoor Championships or Olympics this year in track and field. It’s unknown if Bolt will run in the Commonwealth Games that begin in late July.
Bolt is slated to run in Paris on July 5 in and in Malmo, Sweden, on Aug. 5.
- Will Abby Wambach play in Rio? 0
- Rory McIlroy ruptures ankle ligment 2
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)