Mar 13, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
T.J. Oshie‘s Olympic celebrity reportedly earned him an Enterprise Rent-A-Car commercial, a boost to No. 2 in NHL jersey sales behind Sidney Crosby and an invitation to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
The St. Louis Blues forward — and Olympic shootout hero — already filmed the rental car spot set to air during the Stanley Cup Playoffs on NBC and NBCSN.
Enterprise’s Chief Marketing Officer, Pat Farrell, attended the U.S.-Russia group-play game where Oshie scored four times in six shootout attempts, eventually winning it for the U.S.
“I attended the Olympics with a contingent of Americans in a stadium of 11,000 Russians, and I watched T.J. Oshie silence them,” Farrell said, according to the St. Louis Blues’ website. “It was probably the most remarkable individual athletic event I’ve ever seen. When you were there, and you’re looking at it, you’re nervous. You’re in the stands and you’re so nervous for him and what he’s got to do. He was as calm as he could be. To be that good at something means you’ve probably worked at it a long time.”
The jersey sales numbers came during a period spanning Feb. 12 (start of the Olympic hockey tournament) to March 2, according to Bloomberg.
The Correspondents’ Dinner invite was also referenced in the Blues website story, though it didn’t say whether Oshie accepted. That may be because the dinner is on May 3, which falls during the playoffs. The Blues lead the NHL in points.
The invite also came after an acknowledgement from the official White House Twitter feed following his Sochi heroics last month.
This NHL.com story listed more of Oshie’s invites and accolades since Sochi.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)