Mar 13, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
T.J. Oshie‘s Olympic celebrity reportedly earned him an Enterprise Rent-A-Car commercial, a boost to No. 2 in NHL jersey sales behind Sidney Crosby and an invitation to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
The St. Louis Blues forward — and Olympic shootout hero — already filmed the rental car spot set to air during the Stanley Cup Playoffs on NBC and NBCSN.
Enterprise’s Chief Marketing Officer, Pat Farrell, attended the U.S.-Russia group-play game where Oshie scored four times in six shootout attempts, eventually winning it for the U.S.
“I attended the Olympics with a contingent of Americans in a stadium of 11,000 Russians, and I watched T.J. Oshie silence them,” Farrell said, according to the St. Louis Blues’ website. “It was probably the most remarkable individual athletic event I’ve ever seen. When you were there, and you’re looking at it, you’re nervous. You’re in the stands and you’re so nervous for him and what he’s got to do. He was as calm as he could be. To be that good at something means you’ve probably worked at it a long time.”
The jersey sales numbers came during a period spanning Feb. 12 (start of the Olympic hockey tournament) to March 2, according to Bloomberg.
The Correspondents’ Dinner invite was also referenced in the Blues website story, though it didn’t say whether Oshie accepted. That may be because the dinner is on May 3, which falls during the playoffs. The Blues lead the NHL in points.
The invite also came after an acknowledgement from the official White House Twitter feed following his Sochi heroics last month.
This NHL.com story listed more of Oshie’s invites and accolades since Sochi.
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)