Mar 11, 2014, 8:06 AM EDT
It appears President Barack Obama settled his bet with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Boxes of the White House-brewed Honey Porter and Honey Blonde were safe and sound in Canadian ambassador Gary Doer‘s office, according to a tweet from the “official account of Canada’s network in the U.S.” on Monday.
Obama and Harper made the friendly bet over men’s and women’s U.S.-Canada hockey games at the Olympics while both were in Mexico for the North American Leaders’ Summit.
Canada beat the U.S. in both the women’s hockey final and the men’s hockey semifinals in Sochi, but two weeks later Harper had yet to receive his winnings.
“In fairness to President Obama, he’s lost bets to me before, and he’s always paid up before,” Harper said to laughter from his interviewers on TSN 1050 Radio, according to Reuters, last week. ” … I’m sure he will (pay up).”
Shortly after, a White House spokesman said that a case of beer would be delivered, according to Politico.
“I’m not privy to the details of the international beer delivery, but the president is someone who makes good on his bets,” spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters aboard Air Force One.
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 0
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)