Mar 10, 2014, 10:14 AM EDT
Laurie Stephens and Stephanie Jallen won super-G bronze medals Monday, upping the U.S. medal total at the Paralympics to seven through three days of competition.
Stephens won her second sitting bronze medal of the Winter Games to give her six for her career. She did it in a race that saw U.S. teammates Alana Nichols and Stephani Victor crash and get helicoptered to a hospital.
Jallen won standing bronze in her Paralympic debut at 18 years old.
“It’s something I only dreamed about,” Jallen said, according to TeamUSA.org “I have never been a bigger believer that dreams come true than right now. I’ve imagined it for the last nine years of my life, and in my very first run in the Paralympic Games I score a bronze. I can’t wait to bring it home.”
The U.S. wheelchair curling team lost both of its games Monday, falling to 1-4.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Looking for their sixth Grand Prix title, the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team ended the weekend with three straight wins.
Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships
Jul 5, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
Brazilian teams finished on top of the podium in both the men’s and women’s finals.
Jul 4, 2015, 6:57 PM EDT
The two claimed victory in the men’s and women’s 100 meters, while American Evan Jager came heartbreakingly close to making history in the steeplechase.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Trinidad and Tobago have been upgraded to silver and France to bronze.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
The Japanese swimmer confirmed that his right elbow is fractured.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Three of the four remaining American teams were knocked out in the quarterfinal rounds. Lucena and Brunner will face the Brazilians in semifinals on Saturday.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
In an interview before the July 4th stop of the Road to Rio tour before Philadelphia, the Olympic wrestler explained how his age has become an advantage.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:26 PM EDT
The torch will begin in the capital city of Brasilia, passing through a planned 500 cities before reaching Maracana Stadium in Rio for the Opening Ceremony.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Won’t face Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, who will forgo 200 meters to focus on 100.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Four other U.S. teams advanced to quarterfinals.
Jul 2, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
A suspected elbow fracture may force Hagino to pull out.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:07 AM EDT
Walsh Jennings had never been part of such a rout with Misty May-Treanor.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
“We’re not discussing right now the possibility of not submitting a bid.”
Jun 30, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Bolt flew to Munich to treat an injury.
Jun 30, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Obama has never attended an Olympics as president, and this is his last chance.
Jun 30, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Shnapir won Olympic bronze in Sochi.
Jun 30, 2015, 10:37 AM EDT
Franklin beat out another Rio 2016 Olympic hopeful for the honor.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Ronaldo debuted at the Olympics two years before his first World Cup.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
The 2015 Hall of Fame class also includes four men’s Olympic medalists.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:10 AM EDT
Most decorated Olympian of all time turned 30 on Tuesday.
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)