Mar 9, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Tyler Walker was hospitalized but in good spirits after crashing and being airlifted off the Alpine skiing course at the Sochi Paralympics on Saturday.
Walker, 27, lost control during the sitting downhill race, flipped head over heels a few times at high speed and lay motionless on the snow before receiving medical attention.
Walker couldn’t remember the crash but didn’t break anything, according to his social media accounts.
Walker was slated to race the super-G on Sunday before his crash. He did not end up racing the event.
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Simone Biles still buzzing after World Championships whirlwind 0
- Gracie Gold calls audible, adds lyrics for post-Olympic season 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White look to uncertain future in ice dancing 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)