Mar 9, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Tyler Walker was hospitalized but in good spirits after crashing and being airlifted off the Alpine skiing course at the Sochi Paralympics on Saturday.
Walker, 27, lost control during the sitting downhill race, flipped head over heels a few times at high speed and lay motionless on the snow before receiving medical attention.
Walker couldn’t remember the crash but didn’t break anything, according to his social media accounts.
Walker was slated to race the super-G on Sunday before his crash. He did not end up racing the event.
- Rio 2016 Olympics day-by-day events to watch 0
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)