Mar 9, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
Tyler Walker was hospitalized but in good spirits after crashing and being airlifted off the Alpine skiing course at the Sochi Paralympics on Saturday.
Walker, 27, lost control during the sitting downhill race, flipped head over heels a few times at high speed and lay motionless on the snow before receiving medical attention.
Walker couldn’t remember the crash but didn’t break anything, according to his social media accounts.
Walker was slated to race the super-G on Sunday before his crash. He did not end up racing the event.
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Peter Forsberg and the Olympics 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)