Mar 9, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Tyler Walker was hospitalized but in good spirits after crashing and being airlifted off the Alpine skiing course at the Sochi Paralympics on Saturday.
Walker, 27, lost control during the sitting downhill race, flipped head over heels a few times at high speed and lay motionless on the snow before receiving medical attention.
Walker couldn’t remember the crash but didn’t break anything, according to his social media accounts.
Walker was slated to race the super-G on Sunday before his crash. He did not end up racing the event.
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 0
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 4
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Nadia Comaneci: Simone Biles’ difficulty is almost equal to men 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)