Mar 7, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yuna Kim‘s management agency warned it will take legal action against media and social networks over false reporting after several reports in recent days about a relationship between the figure skater and a South Korean hockey player.
The agency, All That Sports, confirmed Thursday that Kim is dating national team hockey player Kim Won-joong, adding that most of the reports concerning her dating news was true.
In a press release Friday, All That Sports said there has been speculative reporting that can be seen as defamation and a serious breach of privacy, according to Yonhap News Agency.
Kim won silver in Sochi and has retired from competitive figure skating.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)