Mar 7, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Yuna Kim‘s management agency warned it will take legal action against media and social networks over false reporting after several reports in recent days about a relationship between the figure skater and a South Korean hockey player.
The agency, All That Sports, confirmed Thursday that Kim is dating national team hockey player Kim Won-joong, adding that most of the reports concerning her dating news was true.
In a press release Friday, All That Sports said there has been speculative reporting that can be seen as defamation and a serious breach of privacy, according to Yonhap News Agency.
Kim won silver in Sochi and has retired from competitive figure skating.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)