Mar 7, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
It’s been two weeks since Canada completed its sweep of the U.S. hockey teams at the Sochi Olympics, and Prime Minister Stephen Harper has one question.
Where’s my beer?
Harper has yet to receive his winnings from U.S. President Barack Obama, who lost a beer bet over which nation’s hockey teams would win their games in Sochi.
“In fairness to President Obama, he’s lost bets to me before, and he’s always paid up before,” Harper said to laughter from his interviewers on TSN 1050 Radio, according to Reuters. ” … I’m sure he will (pay up).”
A White House spokesman confirmed that a case of beer will be on its way to Harper “soon,” according to Politico.
“I’m not privy to the details of the international beer delivery, but the president is someone who makes good on his bets,” spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters aboard Air Force One, according to Politico.
- Eddy Alvarez heats up in Arizona League 0
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)