Mar 4, 2014, 6:26 AM EDT
Yuna Kim had no second thoughts about finishing second in Sochi amid attention surrounding the scoring that put her 5.48 points behind Russian winner Adelina Sotnikova.
“It was all very absurd, but I was just happy that it was all finished,” she told hundreds of fans at a Seoul shopping mall Tuesday, according to Yonhap News Agency. “I have never gone over the result and thought what might have been.”
Kim, 23, had said going into Sochi that gold was not her ultimate goal in her final competitive skate. She repeated that Tuesday.
“I felt I could still feel a bit disappointed if I don’t win the gold, since I am human after all,” she said. “After it was all said and done, I concluded that I really wasn’t that desperate for the gold.”
Kim said her tears seeen after the free skate Feb. 20 were of reflection.
“I got emotional the night before also, after the end of my short program, thinking the time has finally come for me to leave,” she said. “It was just that memories of some difficult times came flooding back.”
May 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Liukin could be very busy during Indy 500 week with another competition.
May 4, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
The U.S. only has one Olympian on its roster.
May 4, 2015, 10:19 AM EDT
“The guy who was getting ready to dive on the top board was laughing at me.”
May 3, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
Bolt was seen at the stadium but sat out as an injury precaution.
May 3, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
It’s the first World title for the Americans on home ice.
May 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
They had been together for nearly three years.
May 3, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Both teams crushed their first four opponents to reach this final rematch.
May 2, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Also, Allyson Felix was involved in a collision.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s a rematch of the 2013 World Championship final.
May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The U.S. has dominated opponents so far, but the medal round figures to provide tougher tests.
May 1, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Rhode could become the first Olympian to win medals on five continents.
May 1, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Bolt and Gatlin could go head to head at the IAAF World Relays this weekend.
Apr 30, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
She finished radiation on March 31 and is 99 percent confident she’s cancer-free.
Apr 30, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
“I had prepared my entire life for this one moment and I knew there would not be another opportunity.”
Apr 29, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
The U.S. is undefeated in three games.
Apr 29, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The U.S. looks to clinch a berth in the semifinals.
Apr 29, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Chess officials believe the sport may have a better shot to join the Winter Olympics than the Summer Olympics.
Apr 29, 2015, 8:14 AM EDT
Cameras will start following Bolt in May.
Apr 28, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
“My mission in life has never seemed clearer.”
Apr 28, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
The IOC will also provide assistance to the Himalayan nation.
- U.S. blanks Canada for gold at IPC World Sled Hockey Championship 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Tiger Woods announce breakup 7
- U.S. holds off Usain Bolt at World Relays (video) 2
- Kim Rhode still No. 1 after difficult pregnancy, gun change on road to history in Rio 0
- Jillion Potter done with cancer treatment, eyes U.S. rugby return, Olympics 0
- Jeremy Bloom recalls 2006 Olympics in ‘Fueled by Failure’ 0
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)