Feb 27, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Sydney Leroux is an excellent striker, but not of golf balls.
The 2012 Olympic champion poked fun at herself in posting a Vine of her attempt at pulling a “Happy Gilmore” on what appears to be a driving range. She fell on her backswing but lived to laugh about it.
The Canadian-born Leroux, who turns 24 on May 7, was the youngest member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Soccer Team that won gold in London.
The U.S. women are getting set for the Algarve Cup beginning next week in Portugal. Leroux could play a key role with Alex Morgan sidelined by an ankle injury.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)