Feb 27, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Sydney Leroux is an excellent striker, but not of golf balls.
The 2012 Olympic champion poked fun at herself in posting a Vine of her attempt at pulling a “Happy Gilmore” on what appears to be a driving range. She fell on her backswing but lived to laugh about it.
The Canadian-born Leroux, who turns 24 on May 7, was the youngest member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Soccer Team that won gold in London.
The U.S. women are getting set for the Algarve Cup beginning next week in Portugal. Leroux could play a key role with Alex Morgan sidelined by an ankle injury.
- Japan’s Machida routs U.S. men at Skate America; ice dancers make history 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)