Feb 27, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Sydney Leroux is an excellent striker, but not of golf balls.
The 2012 Olympic champion poked fun at herself in posting a Vine of her attempt at pulling a “Happy Gilmore” on what appears to be a driving range. She fell on her backswing but lived to laugh about it.
The Canadian-born Leroux, who turns 24 on May 7, was the youngest member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Soccer Team that won gold in London.
The U.S. women are getting set for the Algarve Cup beginning next week in Portugal. Leroux could play a key role with Alex Morgan sidelined by an ankle injury.
- Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte miss medals; Katie Ledecky breaks record at Worlds 1
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)