Feb 27, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Sydney Leroux is an excellent striker, but not of golf balls.
The 2012 Olympic champion poked fun at herself in posting a Vine of her attempt at pulling a “Happy Gilmore” on what appears to be a driving range. She fell on her backswing but lived to laugh about it.
The Canadian-born Leroux, who turns 24 on May 7, was the youngest member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Women’s Soccer Team that won gold in London.
The U.S. women are getting set for the Algarve Cup beginning next week in Portugal. Leroux could play a key role with Alex Morgan sidelined by an ankle injury.
- Evan Lysacek: ‘My career is coming to an end’ 0
- Usain Bolt takes on all questions in India 1
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)