Feb 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Short track spawned the most decorated male Olympian in Sochi, as Korean-born Russian star Victor Ahn delighted the home fans with four medals – including three golds.
The discipline also proved to be the saving grace for U.S. Speedskating, as the men’s 5000m relay team led by J.R. Celski managed to win silver behind Russia – the lone speedskating medal for the U.S. in either long-track or short track.
Other big moments included Canada’s Charles Hamelin sealing his men’s 1500m win with a kiss, and Italy’s Arianna Fontana skating away with a three-medal haul.
All of those highlights and more are in Willie Cornblatt’s recap of Sochi short track over on NBCOlympics.com.
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir at Super Bowl Media Day (video) 0
- Galen Rupp talks training with Mo Farah, marathons, weird drug test story 0
- Russian Olympic, World champions get doping bans 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin lead World Alpine Skiing Championships women’s preview 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch relay details announced 0
- K.C. Boutiette returns to World Cup speed skating for first time since 2006 0
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)