Feb 25, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Short track spawned the most decorated male Olympian in Sochi, as Korean-born Russian star Victor Ahn delighted the home fans with four medals – including three golds.
The discipline also proved to be the saving grace for U.S. Speedskating, as the men’s 5000m relay team led by J.R. Celski managed to win silver behind Russia – the lone speedskating medal for the U.S. in either long-track or short track.
Other big moments included Canada’s Charles Hamelin sealing his men’s 1500m win with a kiss, and Italy’s Arianna Fontana skating away with a three-medal haul.
All of those highlights and more are in Willie Cornblatt’s recap of Sochi short track over on NBCOlympics.com.
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 1
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 0
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin set up duel; South African stretchered off after 400m gold 0
- U.S. goes medal-less at World Championships; Bolt, Gatlin, Felix advance 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)