Feb 21, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On Thursday, U.S. women’s hockey player Julie Chu dealt with the anguish of coming up just short of finally beating Canada, instead settling for silver. Her trip to Sochi won’t end on a down note, however, as the 31-year-old will be the United States flag bearer for the Closing Ceremony.
Chu is a four-time Olympian with three silvers (including 2014) and one bronze. While losing that overtime gold game to Canada clearly stings, she’s still proud of what she accomplished alongside her teammates.
Her hard work and dedication to the U.S. women’s hockey team and Team USA in general clearly hasn’t been ignored.
- U.S. wins bronze medal on last day of Paralympics; final medal standings 2
- Mo Farah fine after being wheelchaired off following NYC Half (video) 1
- U.S. blanks Russia for Paralympic sledge hockey gold medal 1
- Ted Ligety wins giant slalom season title in dramatic fashion (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin completes dominating World Cup slalom season (video) 0
- U.S., Russia set for rematch in Paralympic sledge hockey final 0
- Nicklas Backstrom will receive Olympic silver medal 0