Feb 21, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On Thursday, U.S. women’s hockey player Julie Chu dealt with the anguish of coming up just short of finally beating Canada, instead settling for silver. Her trip to Sochi won’t end on a down note, however, as the 31-year-old will be the United States flag bearer for the Closing Ceremony.
Chu is a four-time Olympian with three silvers (including 2014) and one bronze. While losing that overtime gold game to Canada clearly stings, she’s still proud of what she accomplished alongside her teammates.
Her hard work and dedication to the U.S. women’s hockey team and Team USA in general clearly hasn’t been ignored.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)