Feb 21, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On Thursday, U.S. women’s hockey player Julie Chu dealt with the anguish of coming up just short of finally beating Canada, instead settling for silver. Her trip to Sochi won’t end on a down note, however, as the 31-year-old will be the United States flag bearer for the Closing Ceremony.
Chu is a four-time Olympian with three silvers (including 2014) and one bronze. While losing that overtime gold game to Canada clearly stings, she’s still proud of what she accomplished alongside her teammates.
Her hard work and dedication to the U.S. women’s hockey team and Team USA in general clearly hasn’t been ignored.
- Olympic Year in Review: Headlines 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Social Media 1
- Olympic Year in Review: Photos 1
- Angelina Jolie, actor who plays Louis Zamperini discuss ‘Unbroken’ Olympic scenes 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Summer Sports 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Winter Sports 0
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)