Feb 20, 2014, 5:57 AM EST
The second-ever Olympic men’s freeski cross event was full of memorable moments. The French capped it all off with a 1-2-3 finish in the final, as Jean Frederic Chapuis with winning gold, Arnaud Bovolenta taking silver and Jonathan Midol locking up bronze.
Some other eye-popping events (and mustaches) threatened to steal the show, however. Slovenia’s Filip Flisar came in second in the small final, but his ‘stache won him a lot of attention.
Judging from his helmet, Flisar is well-aware of his most distinguishing feature.
The predicted unpredictability came into play for sure, as the event featured one of the oddest photo finishes you’ll see in Olympic sport during the semifinals:
With mustaches and crashes galore, it’s easy to lose track of all the action, but France’s dominance was pretty easy to notice on Thursday.
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin: I have to learn how to come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)