Feb 20, 2014, 5:57 AM EDT
The second-ever Olympic men’s freeski cross event was full of memorable moments. The French capped it all off with a 1-2-3 finish in the final, as Jean Frederic Chapuis with winning gold, Arnaud Bovolenta taking silver and Jonathan Midol locking up bronze.
Some other eye-popping events (and mustaches) threatened to steal the show, however. Slovenia’s Filip Flisar came in second in the small final, but his ‘stache won him a lot of attention.
Judging from his helmet, Flisar is well-aware of his most distinguishing feature.
The predicted unpredictability came into play for sure, as the event featured one of the oddest photo finishes you’ll see in Olympic sport during the semifinals:
With mustaches and crashes galore, it’s easy to lose track of all the action, but France’s dominance was pretty easy to notice on Thursday.
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 0
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)