Feb 19, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
Looking for the U.S. or Canadian men’s hockey quarterfinal games? Look no further, as both kick off at noon ET on Wednesday:
MEN’S ICE HOCKEY – Quarterfinals
Canada vs. Latvia: 12 p.m. ET (MSNBC) – CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE
United States vs. Czech Republic: 12 p.m. ET (USA Network) – CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE
The United States faces the toughest of the two opponents, as the Czech Republic represents a mixed bag. On one hand, you have a dangerous (if old) offensive group that features Jaromir Jagr; on the other hand, the team is shaky when it comes to limiting opposing offenses. The U.S. ranks as the favorite in this contest, but they would be foolish to take the Czechs lightly.
It might be tougher for Canada to muster up the same level of respect for Latvia, even though they upset the Swiss in the qualification playoffs on Tuesday. The Canadian team likely wants to gather a little momentum as they haven’t been particularly explosive despite winning comfortably in the tournament.
The winners of these two games will face each other, so it could be another big U.S. contest against Canada, but first the two contenders must take out their quarterfinal opponents.
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 1
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)