Feb 19, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
It’s been a rollercoaster Sochi Olympics for the Polar Bear, which has been the most visible of the Games’ three mascots.
We’ve seen our cuddly friend endure through the torment of trying to fit his head inside of a minivan.
We’ve also seen him happily dancing up a storm at the hockey competition, an exercise so compelling it got our own Keith Jones to dance along with him.
But today, after the Russian men’s hockey team was eliminated from the Sochi playoffs on home ice by Finland, he was understandably distraught.
Indeed, he’s finding the loss a bit hard to bear. Stay strong, buddy.
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 1
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)