Feb 19, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
It’s been a rollercoaster Sochi Olympics for the Polar Bear, which has been the most visible of the Games’ three mascots.
We’ve seen our cuddly friend endure through the torment of trying to fit his head inside of a minivan.
We’ve also seen him happily dancing up a storm at the hockey competition, an exercise so compelling it got our own Keith Jones to dance along with him.
But today, after the Russian men’s hockey team was eliminated from the Sochi playoffs on home ice by Finland, he was understandably distraught.
Indeed, he’s finding the loss a bit hard to bear. Stay strong, buddy.
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 0
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)