Feb 19, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
It’s been a rollercoaster Sochi Olympics for the Polar Bear, which has been the most visible of the Games’ three mascots.
We’ve seen our cuddly friend endure through the torment of trying to fit his head inside of a minivan.
We’ve also seen him happily dancing up a storm at the hockey competition, an exercise so compelling it got our own Keith Jones to dance along with him.
But today, after the Russian men’s hockey team was eliminated from the Sochi playoffs on home ice by Finland, he was understandably distraught.
Indeed, he’s finding the loss a bit hard to bear. Stay strong, buddy.
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 0
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)