Feb 19, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
It’s been a rollercoaster Sochi Olympics for the Polar Bear, which has been the most visible of the Games’ three mascots.
We’ve seen our cuddly friend endure through the torment of trying to fit his head inside of a minivan.
We’ve also seen him happily dancing up a storm at the hockey competition, an exercise so compelling it got our own Keith Jones to dance along with him.
But today, after the Russian men’s hockey team was eliminated from the Sochi playoffs on home ice by Finland, he was understandably distraught.
Indeed, he’s finding the loss a bit hard to bear. Stay strong, buddy.
- Will Abby Wambach play in Rio? 0
- Rory McIlroy ruptures ankle ligment 2
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)