Feb 18, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
The men’s snowboard cross saw its qualifying round canceled and the finals postponed from Monday to Tuesday because of fog. The fog has lifted, but now rain might factor in as a bit of a wild card in an often-wild event.
Men’s snowboard cross final: 1:30 a.m. ET – CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE
The U.S. has four snowboarders competing in the event, with Nate Holland standing out among a group that also includes Nick Baumgartner, Trevor Jacob and Alex Deibold. The notable exclusion, of course, is 2010 gold medalist Seth Wescott.
There should be some solid competition from overseas, particularly Australia’s Alex Pullin and Austria’s Markus Schairer.
- Oslo withdraws 2022 Olympic bid after ‘no’ vote 0
- Justin Gatlin eyes more 200s after undefeated season 0
- Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charges 3
- Lauryn Williams ‘playing with the idea’ of bobsled this season 1
- Lindsey Vonn set for first skiing in 10 months, named 2016 Youth Olympics ambassador 0
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)