Feb 18, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
The men’s snowboard cross saw its qualifying round canceled and the finals postponed from Monday to Tuesday because of fog. The fog has lifted, but now rain might factor in as a bit of a wild card in an often-wild event.
Men’s snowboard cross final: 1:30 a.m. ET – CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE
The U.S. has four snowboarders competing in the event, with Nate Holland standing out among a group that also includes Nick Baumgartner, Trevor Jacob and Alex Deibold. The notable exclusion, of course, is 2010 gold medalist Seth Wescott.
There should be some solid competition from overseas, particularly Australia’s Alex Pullin and Austria’s Markus Schairer.
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 1
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 1
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)