Feb 18, 2014, 1:20 AM EST
The men’s snowboard cross saw its qualifying round canceled and the finals postponed from Monday to Tuesday because of fog. The fog has lifted, but now rain might factor in as a bit of a wild card in an often-wild event.
Men’s snowboard cross final: 1:30 a.m. ET – CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE
The U.S. has four snowboarders competing in the event, with Nate Holland standing out among a group that also includes Nick Baumgartner, Trevor Jacob and Alex Deibold. The notable exclusion, of course, is 2010 gold medalist Seth Wescott.
There should be some solid competition from overseas, particularly Australia’s Alex Pullin and Austria’s Markus Schairer.
- Alan Webb set for first Olympic-sized triathlon test Saturday 0
- Missy Franklin’s dream to become most decorated female swimmer ever 1
- U.S. aerialists, elementary school classmates, sweep World Cup titles 0
- Michael Phelps may be reinstated for World Championships, report says 0
- David Boudia scraps springboard plan; Nick McCrory retires 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)