Feb 17, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT
After his attempts to adopt and take home a group of Sochi stray dogs went over big on social media, U.S. ski slopestyle silver medalist Gus Kenworthy summed up the attention by telling reporters: “A lot of girls like Olympians and puppies.”
Among those admirers was pop superstar Miley Cyrus.
Back on Valentine’s Day, Kenworthy was one of several Team USA stars that reached out to their celebrity crushes and asked them to be their valentines – and he chose the “Wrecking Ball” singer.
That eventually led to Cyrus giving Kenworthy a follow on Twitter…
…And soon, Cyrus was gushing over his cute Sochi pups like the rest of the world did.
Between this and joining Joss Christensen (gold) and Nick Goepper (bronze) in the third American medal sweep ever at a Winter Olympic Games (plus, a Kellogg’s Corn Flakes box), it hasn’t been a bad few days for Mr. Kenworthy.
- U.S. blanks Russia for Paralympic sledge hockey gold medal 1
- Ted Ligety wins giant slalom season title in dramatic fashion (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin completes dominating World Cup slalom season (video) 0
- U.S., Russia set for rematch in Paralympic sledge hockey final 0
- Nicklas Backstrom will receive Olympic silver medal 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ prosthetic legs, shorts covered in blood in trial photos 0
- U.S. wins its first Sochi Paralympic gold, sweeps snowboarding event 0