Feb 17, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
After his attempts to adopt and take home a group of Sochi stray dogs went over big on social media, U.S. ski slopestyle silver medalist Gus Kenworthy summed up the attention by telling reporters: “A lot of girls like Olympians and puppies.”
Among those admirers was pop superstar Miley Cyrus.
Back on Valentine’s Day, Kenworthy was one of several Team USA stars that reached out to their celebrity crushes and asked them to be their valentines – and he chose the “Wrecking Ball” singer.
That eventually led to Cyrus giving Kenworthy a follow on Twitter…
…And soon, Cyrus was gushing over his cute Sochi pups like the rest of the world did.
Between this and joining Joss Christensen (gold) and Nick Goepper (bronze) in the third American medal sweep ever at a Winter Olympic Games (plus, a Kellogg’s Corn Flakes box), it hasn’t been a bad few days for Mr. Kenworthy.
- Olympic Year in Review: Headlines 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Social Media 1
- Olympic Year in Review: Photos 2
- Angelina Jolie, actor who plays Louis Zamperini discuss ‘Unbroken’ Olympic scenes 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Summer Sports 0
- Olympic Year in Review: Winter Sports 0
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)