Feb 17, 2014, 6:03 AM EDT
The men’s snowboard cross final has been rescheduled for Tuesday morning at 1:30 a.m. ET (10:30 a.m. Sochi Time) after heavy fog forced a postponement this morning at Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
A shortened format will be used on Tuesday as all seeding runs have been cancelled. Racers will instead be seeded by their points in FIS competition.
Weather conditions have wreaked havoc so far on the outside events today at the Sochi Olympics, with both the SBX final and the men’s biathlon mass start – already rescheduled once from Sunday – getting postponed.
- Ted Ligety stuns in World Cup Finals downhill; new overall leader 0
- Alpine Skiing World Cup Finals preview 0
- President Obama sends beer to Canadian prime minister to settle Olympic bet 2
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 0
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 1
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0