Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Update: Sweden’s Olympic men’s ice hockey team received brutal news on Friday, as star Henrik Zetterberg won’t play another game in the tournament. He’s suffering from a herniated disc that might require back surgery.
He scored a goal in Sweden’s win against the Czech Republic and was expected to be one of the team’s go-to forwards, especially with Henrik Sedin out of the Olympics with an issue of his own.
It’s too late for Sweden to replace the 33-year-old, so they’ll need to stick with the remaining 24 players.
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 0
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)