Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Update: Sweden’s Olympic men’s ice hockey team received brutal news on Friday, as star Henrik Zetterberg won’t play another game in the tournament. He’s suffering from a herniated disc that might require back surgery.
He scored a goal in Sweden’s win against the Czech Republic and was expected to be one of the team’s go-to forwards, especially with Henrik Sedin out of the Olympics with an issue of his own.
It’s too late for Sweden to replace the 33-year-old, so they’ll need to stick with the remaining 24 players.
- Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record, wins World Championship 0
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 3
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 1
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)