Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 AM EST
Update: Sweden’s Olympic men’s ice hockey team received brutal news on Friday, as star Henrik Zetterberg won’t play another game in the tournament. He’s suffering from a herniated disc that might require back surgery.
He scored a goal in Sweden’s win against the Czech Republic and was expected to be one of the team’s go-to forwards, especially with Henrik Sedin out of the Olympics with an issue of his own.
It’s too late for Sweden to replace the 33-year-old, so they’ll need to stick with the remaining 24 players.
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)