Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 AM EST
Update: Sweden’s Olympic men’s ice hockey team received brutal news on Friday, as star Henrik Zetterberg won’t play another game in the tournament. He’s suffering from a herniated disc that might require back surgery.
He scored a goal in Sweden’s win against the Czech Republic and was expected to be one of the team’s go-to forwards, especially with Henrik Sedin out of the Olympics with an issue of his own.
It’s too late for Sweden to replace the 33-year-old, so they’ll need to stick with the remaining 24 players.
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2
- Shannon Szabados: Oilers welcomed me with open arms (video) 1
- Adelina Sotnikova listed as substitute for World Championships; entry list highlights 3
- Oscar Pistorius’ restaurant gun incident recounted at murder trial; Day 3 recap (video) 1