Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Update: Sweden’s Olympic men’s ice hockey team received brutal news on Friday, as star Henrik Zetterberg won’t play another game in the tournament. He’s suffering from a herniated disc that might require back surgery.
He scored a goal in Sweden’s win against the Czech Republic and was expected to be one of the team’s go-to forwards, especially with Henrik Sedin out of the Olympics with an issue of his own.
It’s too late for Sweden to replace the 33-year-old, so they’ll need to stick with the remaining 24 players.
- Watch Rio Olympic Park move from construction to completion 0
- Bruce Jenner’s Olympic Torch going up for auction 0
- Will Abby Wambach play in Rio? 1
- Rory McIlroy ruptures ankle ligment 2
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)