Feb 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
Swedish slopestyle skier Henrik Harlaut already makes an impression with his dreadlocks, but he might be on a blooper reel or two after his pants fell down multiple times on Thursday, revealing some striking stretch pants.
Those moments are chronicled via this NBCOlympics.com video and also this photo from the Associated Press:
It probably shouldn’t come as a huge surprise that Harlaut, 22, isn’t all that bothered by it. He told Yahoo’s Jeff Passan as much.
“I’ve got suspenders,” Harlaut said. “So they’re always secure.”
Passan believes that Harlaut – listed at 163 lbs. at NBCOlympics.com – was wearing size 3XL pants, if not larger. The Wall Street Journal reported its was a 4XL uniform, which would’ve been a 6XL if Harlaut had his way. That wasn’t possible because, as a Swedish press officer told the Journal, “We don’t have sumo fighters.”
“He’s always been the most baggy,” Norwegian skier Per Kristian Hunder said. “It’s just his style. And people love it. We have a pretty wide stance. I guess we could all ski with our pants down to our knees.”
Heck, even gold medal-winner Joss Christensen saw his pants slip a little during qualification:
Maybe it’s all just part of the style of ski slopestyle.
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins her first World Cup giant slalom in Soelden tie (video) 0
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)