Feb 11, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Russia hopes to continue to build momentum toward a hopeful medal run as they face Japan in women’s ice hockey, beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
Russia started slowly in its first women’s Olympic game before ramping things up by scoring all four of their goals in the third period, beating Germany 4-1. In a way, a loss was almost a win for Japan, which only lost to Sweden 1-0 in its opener.
These two programs are in very different phases of their development, so this could be a decent “measuring stick” game for both teams, even if Russia wins as expected.
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 4
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Nadia Comaneci: Simone Biles’ difficulty is almost equal to men 0
- Ten sports where Brazil can win medals at Rio 2016 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)