Feb 11, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Russia hopes to continue to build momentum toward a hopeful medal run as they face Japan in women’s ice hockey, beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
Russia started slowly in its first women’s Olympic game before ramping things up by scoring all four of their goals in the third period, beating Germany 4-1. In a way, a loss was almost a win for Japan, which only lost to Sweden 1-0 in its opener.
These two programs are in very different phases of their development, so this could be a decent “measuring stick” game for both teams, even if Russia wins as expected.
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 3
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 1
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin set up duel; South African stretchered off after 400m gold 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)