Feb 11, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Russia hopes to continue to build momentum toward a hopeful medal run as they face Japan in women’s ice hockey, beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
Russia started slowly in its first women’s Olympic game before ramping things up by scoring all four of their goals in the third period, beating Germany 4-1. In a way, a loss was almost a win for Japan, which only lost to Sweden 1-0 in its opener.
These two programs are in very different phases of their development, so this could be a decent “measuring stick” game for both teams, even if Russia wins as expected.
- Meb Keflezighi, Caroline Wozniacki to run New York City Marathon 0
- U.S. swimming rankings going into National Championships 0
- German long jump champion, a Paralympian, left off European Championships roster 3
- Eddy Alvarez heats up in Arizona League 0
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)