Feb 11, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Russia hopes to continue to build momentum toward a hopeful medal run as they face Japan in women’s ice hockey, beginning at 10 a.m. ET.
Russia started slowly in its first women’s Olympic game before ramping things up by scoring all four of their goals in the third period, beating Germany 4-1. In a way, a loss was almost a win for Japan, which only lost to Sweden 1-0 in its opener.
These two programs are in very different phases of their development, so this could be a decent “measuring stick” game for both teams, even if Russia wins as expected.
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)