Feb 11, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Canada’s Dara Howell and Kim Lamarre, as well as Team USA’s Devin Logan, are receiving well-deserved praise after taking the first set of medals in the history of Olympic ski slopestyle.
Howell added another gold for the Canadians, while Logan followed up her country’s double golds in snowboard slopestyle with a silver and Lamarre rounded out the podium with the bronze.
Here’s how some of their fellow freestyle skiers are reacting to the conclusion of a big day for their sport…
Joss Christensen, U.S.
Nick Goepper, U.S.
Keri Herman, U.S.
Roz Groenewoud, Canada
Mike Riddle, Canada
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 0
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Jim Craig wants to sell ‘Miracle on Ice’ memorabilia, gold medal 1
- Phil Dalhausser, Sean Rosenthal split 0
- Boston ends bid for 2024 Olympics; USOC wants another city 5
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)