Feb 11, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Canada’s Dara Howell and Kim Lamarre, as well as Team USA’s Devin Logan, are receiving well-deserved praise after taking the first set of medals in the history of Olympic ski slopestyle.
Howell added another gold for the Canadians, while Logan followed up her country’s double golds in snowboard slopestyle with a silver and Lamarre rounded out the podium with the bronze.
Here’s how some of their fellow freestyle skiers are reacting to the conclusion of a big day for their sport…
Joss Christensen, U.S.
Nick Goepper, U.S.
Keri Herman, U.S.
Roz Groenewoud, Canada
Mike Riddle, Canada
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 0
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)