Feb 11, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Canada’s Dara Howell and Kim Lamarre, as well as Team USA’s Devin Logan, are receiving well-deserved praise after taking the first set of medals in the history of Olympic ski slopestyle.
Howell added another gold for the Canadians, while Logan followed up her country’s double golds in snowboard slopestyle with a silver and Lamarre rounded out the podium with the bronze.
Here’s how some of their fellow freestyle skiers are reacting to the conclusion of a big day for their sport…
Joss Christensen, U.S.
Nick Goepper, U.S.
Keri Herman, U.S.
Roz Groenewoud, Canada
Mike Riddle, Canada
- Missy Franklin’s dream to become most decorated female swimmer ever 0
- U.S. aerialists, elementary school classmates, sweep World Cup titles 0
- Michael Phelps may be reinstated for World Championships, report says 0
- David Boudia scraps springboard plan; Nick McCrory retires 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)