Feb 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
U.S. luger Kate Hansen captivated onlookers on Monday, but the most captivating performance might have come before her two luge runs. Her spirited dance routine just needs to be seen to be believed, but luckily, she provided NBC with an in-depth explanation of what inspires those moves.
As it happens, it’s “strictly Beyonce.”
The 21-year-old explained that listening to her “girl B” sends her off “into her own world” in which she is clearly uninhibited when it comes to elaborate public dancing.
Her analysis is priceless, and Hansen even gives NBC a bonus dance after asking reporter Lewis Johnson to “drop a beat.”
- Alpine Skiing World Cup Finals preview 1
- President Obama sends beer to Canadian prime minister to settle Olympic bet 3
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 1
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0