Feb 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Emily Scott, making her Olympic debut in Sochi, is the lone American to advance into Thursday’s quarterfinals in the women’s short track 500m.
Today, Scott finished second in her preliminary heat race to Korea’s Seung-Hi Park, earning a berth to the next round.
As for the other two Americans, Alyson Dudek – a bronze medalist in the relay at Vancouver in 2010 – drew a penalty in her heat, while Jessica Smith failed to advance after falling.
The aforementioned quarterfinals will begin Thursday at 5 a.m. ET, followed by the semifinals at 6:10 a.m. ET and then, the final at 7:05 a.m. ET.
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 0
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 0
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)