Feb 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Emily Scott, making her Olympic debut in Sochi, is the lone American to advance into Thursday’s quarterfinals in the women’s short track 500m.
Today, Scott finished second in her preliminary heat race to Korea’s Seung-Hi Park, earning a berth to the next round.
As for the other two Americans, Alyson Dudek – a bronze medalist in the relay at Vancouver in 2010 – drew a penalty in her heat, while Jessica Smith failed to advance after falling.
The aforementioned quarterfinals will begin Thursday at 5 a.m. ET, followed by the semifinals at 6:10 a.m. ET and then, the final at 7:05 a.m. ET.
- Alpine skiing men’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski preview Skate America 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ agent seeks prison meeting to discuss running future 1
- Alpine skiing women’s World Cup preview 0
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 4
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)