Feb 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Emily Scott, making her Olympic debut in Sochi, is the lone American to advance into Thursday’s quarterfinals in the women’s short track 500m.
Today, Scott finished second in her preliminary heat race to Korea’s Seung-Hi Park, earning a berth to the next round.
As for the other two Americans, Alyson Dudek – a bronze medalist in the relay at Vancouver in 2010 – drew a penalty in her heat, while Jessica Smith failed to advance after falling.
The aforementioned quarterfinals will begin Thursday at 5 a.m. ET, followed by the semifinals at 6:10 a.m. ET and then, the final at 7:05 a.m. ET.
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 0
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 2
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)