Feb 10, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
More than a few eyebrows were raised when Lolo Jones told her Twitter followers that she was released from the “quarantine room” on Monday.
Don’t worry, though, as U.S. bobsled spokeswoman Amanda Bird told the Associated Press that Jones, 31, was separated from fellow team members for precautionary reasons due to her cold and flu symptoms.
She’s now back with her teammates, so it sounds like the illness isn’t going to be a major hurdle for Jones, who joins fellow bobsledder Lauryn Williams in participating in both the summer and winter games.
Jones is in Team USA’s third pairing with Jazmine Fenlator. Learn more about the potential impact of pairing choices, including possible history for Williams, in this post.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)