Feb 10, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
More than a few eyebrows were raised when Lolo Jones told her Twitter followers that she was released from the “quarantine room” on Monday.
Just released… been in quarantine room in Olympic village.Single room was nice just wish I had one of those stray dogs to keep me company—
Lolo Jones (@lolojones) February 10, 2014
Don’t worry, though, as U.S. bobsled spokeswoman Amanda Bird told the Associated Press that Jones, 31, was separated from fellow team members for precautionary reasons due to her cold and flu symptoms.
She’s now back with her teammates, so it sounds like the illness isn’t going to be a major hurdle for Jones, who joins fellow bobsledder Lauryn Williams in participating in both the summer and winter games.
Jones is in Team USA’s third pairing with Jazmine Fenlator. Learn more about the potential impact of pairing choices, including possible history for Williams, in this post.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)