Feb 10, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Unable to decide upon the helmet she would take into the skeleton competition at the Sochi Olympics, U.S. competitor Katie Uhlaender gave the responsibility to the Twittersphere.
The fans have now spoken, and Uhlaender wore a helmet with a large eagle and a stars-and-stripes motif into training today at Sanki Sliding Center.
There’s definitely no missing that on the track, and considering that she was toward the top of the speed times today, it might be giving her some good luck.
Uhlaender, the 2012 world champion that is set to compete in her third Olympics, is one of many skeleton racers that have taken to putting great artwork on their helmets.
You can check out a slideshow of the most striking ones over at NBCOlympics.com.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 1
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)