Feb 10, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Unable to decide upon the helmet she would take into the skeleton competition at the Sochi Olympics, U.S. competitor Katie Uhlaender gave the responsibility to the Twittersphere.
The fans have now spoken, and Uhlaender wore a helmet with a large eagle and a stars-and-stripes motif into training today at Sanki Sliding Center.
There’s definitely no missing that on the track, and considering that she was toward the top of the speed times today, it might be giving her some good luck.
Uhlaender, the 2012 world champion that is set to compete in her third Olympics, is one of many skeleton racers that have taken to putting great artwork on their helmets.
You can check out a slideshow of the most striking ones over at NBCOlympics.com.
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)