Watch full-event replays of Day 2 from Sochi Olympics

Feb 9, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT

Getty Images

Sunday was a big medal day in Sochi as athletes snagged golds in eight events, including men’s downhill, women’s slopestyle and the figure skating team event.

But if you weren’t awake to watch all the events on NBC Sports Live Extra, don’t worry. You can watch the full-event replays here or via the links below.

(Quick note: You also can find replays in the Live Extra app. Click the menu icon in the app.)

All will be available now.

Alpine skiing, men’s downhill

Biathlon, women’s 7.5km sprint

Cross-country skiing, men’s skiathon 15km classic

Figure skating, team event

Freestyle skiing, men’s and women’s aerials training session

Hockey (women)

Luge, men’s singles runs

Luge, women’s singles, training

Ski jumping,

Snowboarding slopestyle, women’s semifinals Finals

Speed skating, women’s 3,000-meter relay

Also, don’t forget to tune in to NBC tonight for the prime time show. Check your local listings here.

1. newblog15454546 - Feb 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Thank you for posting this. Whoever is responsible for the official NBC Olympics site is an idiot. These links to the replays cannot be found by navigating that site. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. There is also at least one video that cannot be paused or navigated. How is NBC so stupid?

• tg2121 - Feb 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM

they can be found, but it’s way too hard. it’s also difficult without running into a spolier headline or giant picture of the winner holding the gold medal. brutal website.

• newblog15454546 - Feb 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Are you saying it can be found by navigating their site? How do you do it? Since this is in writing, I’ll note that I’m not being contentious, but I genuinely would like to know how to do this in case this blog stops being posted. I was on the nbcolympics.com site trying to figure it out for at least 45 minutes before I found this site. All I found were short clips and the spoilers you mentioned.

• newblog15454546 - Feb 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I went back to their website to see if anything had changed, and I was able to find 4 full replays of the >20 events that have aired

I just don’t get what NBC is doing. It’s not even a programming issue. It’s just a matter of providing a link for a URL that already exists; I could do it if they let me. I just hope Mike keeps us updated, as this blog is greatly appreciated.

• Mike Miller - Feb 10, 2014 at 2:26 PM

The replays have been an issue. But you should always be able to find them here http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympics-live-extra-schedule. I also will keep posting daily replays on OlyTalk.

They also should be on the front, but, as you note, that’s a dangerous game to play if you want to avoid spoilers.

As for the DVR controls, those are usually enacted once the event airs during the primetime show. Some have them right away.

• newblog15454546 - Feb 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM

[In response to Mike, but it won't let me reply to his.]

This link you just posted is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I now also found it on the front page, but it’s very randomly positioned under “Related Stories.” To add to the confusion, their link title makes no reference to it including the full replays.

Anyway, sorry for complaining here. I just felt the need to air my grievances about this, as I’d sunk over an hour into wandering around NBC’s poorly organized site. Thank you again for your blog, and now for the link that I’d been expecting NBC to make obvious from the beginning.

2. bat42boy - Feb 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Sorry NBC but your coverage of the Olympics is horrible. For two days in a row, what you put on NBC sports channel is the same thing you put on your NBC network channel. So you lost me for part of the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday because l had already seen it in the morning. Get with the program. You are losing viewers. JUST HORRIBLE COVERAGE!!!!!!

3. fixthestreams - Feb 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

It’s not fun to be halfway through an event that is hours long, then suddenly have it restart from the beginning and lose the ability to skip forward, pause, rewind, etc. Why on earth are those functions coming and going at random?

4. John - Feb 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM

It looks like any videos without DVR controls will have those controls added after the event is broadcast in primetime. For example, Saturday’s figure skating now has DVR controls.

It’s a pain to not have controls but still a nice improvement over London when live streams destined for primetime were not posted at all until after primetime.