Feb 7, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
According to NBCOlympics.com’s Nick Zaccardi, the order of the Parade of Nations in tonight’s Opening Ceremony was set by the Russian alphabet. That meant the entrance for the U.S. Olympic Team, while still relatively late, came slightly quicker than normal (after Slovenia but before Tajikistan).
With the 66th spot in the order of 88 nations, the Americans – with Nordic combined competitor and six-time Olympian Todd Lodwick as their flag bearer – have made their way into Fisht Olympic Stadium. Remember to visit NBCOlympics.com to see how they’re celebrating the occasion on social media.
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 6
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)