Feb 7, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
According to NBCOlympics.com’s Nick Zaccardi, the order of the Parade of Nations in tonight’s Opening Ceremony was set by the Russian alphabet. That meant the entrance for the U.S. Olympic Team, while still relatively late, came slightly quicker than normal (after Slovenia but before Tajikistan).
With the 66th spot in the order of 88 nations, the Americans – with Nordic combined competitor and six-time Olympian Todd Lodwick as their flag bearer – have made their way into Fisht Olympic Stadium. Remember to visit NBCOlympics.com to see how they’re celebrating the occasion on social media.
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 1
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)