Feb 7, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
According to NBCOlympics.com’s Nick Zaccardi, the order of the Parade of Nations in tonight’s Opening Ceremony was set by the Russian alphabet. That meant the entrance for the U.S. Olympic Team, while still relatively late, came slightly quicker than normal (after Slovenia but before Tajikistan).
With the 66th spot in the order of 88 nations, the Americans – with Nordic combined competitor and six-time Olympian Todd Lodwick as their flag bearer – have made their way into Fisht Olympic Stadium. Remember to visit NBCOlympics.com to see how they’re celebrating the occasion on social media.
- Watch Rio Olympic Park move from construction to completion 0
- Bruce Jenner’s Olympic Torch going up for auction 0
- Will Abby Wambach play in Rio? 1
- Rory McIlroy ruptures ankle ligment 2
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)