Feb 7, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
According to NBCOlympics.com’s Nick Zaccardi, the order of the Parade of Nations in tonight’s Opening Ceremony was set by the Russian alphabet. That meant the entrance for the U.S. Olympic Team, while still relatively late, came slightly quicker than normal (after Slovenia but before Tajikistan).
With the 66th spot in the order of 88 nations, the Americans – with Nordic combined competitor and six-time Olympian Todd Lodwick as their flag bearer – have made their way into Fisht Olympic Stadium. Remember to visit NBCOlympics.com to see how they’re celebrating the occasion on social media.
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship 0
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)