Feb 5, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
On the eve of the start of coverage for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games, NBC will premiere another primetime special, How To Raise An Olympic Athlete presented by P&G, which airs tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
Hosted by the Today Show’s Meredith Vieira, the special will spotlight the mothers of some of Team USA’s biggest stars and how they’ve been able to help their children grow into Olympians.
Set to be featured in tonight’s special are: Freestyle skier Nick Goepper (mother Linda), ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White (mother Cheryl and Jacqui, respectively), Alpine skier Mikaela Shiffrin (mother Eileen), short track speed skater J.R. Celski (mother Sue), Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy (mother Sheri), and Alpine skier/NBC Olympics correspondent Lindsey Vonn (mother Lindy).
- Katie Ledecky would qualify for Olympic Trials in men’s events 0
- Kosuke Hagino: I’m trying to become like Michael Phelps 0
- Poland wins World Volleyball Championship at home, pandemonium (photos, videos) 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross complete perfect AVP season after wardrobe malfunction 0
- Katie Ledecky wins USA Swimming Athlete of the Year; who are World Swimmers of the Year? 0
- Wallace Spearmon fails drug test, banned 3 months 0
- Ato Boldon’s track and field season awards 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)