Feb 5, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
One of the cornerstone sports of the Winter Olympics, figure skating, gets started tomorrow with the men’s and pairs short programs for the all-new team event that continues on Saturday and concludes on Sunday.
All of the action will take place in Sochi’s new home for skating, the 12,000-seat Iceberg Skating Palace, which will also double as the site for short track over the next few weeks.
NBC Olympics figure skating commentators Tom Hammond, Sandra Bezic and 1984 Olympic champion Scott Hamilton have a preview from the Iceberg that lays out the key storylines and major contenders going into the competition. Visit NBCOlympics.com to see what they have to say before the figure skaters hit the ice.
- Simone Biles a tall favorite at P&G Championships; women’s preview 0
- Jennie Finch, Lisa Fernandez weigh in on Mo’ne Davis 0
- Pan Pacific Championships men’s events preview 0
- Pan Pacific Championships women’s events preview 0
- Missy Franklin (back) in doubt for Pan Pacific Championships 0
- Golf debuts at Youth Olympics with hole-in-one (video) 0
- Youth Olympics begin with festive Opening Ceremony in Nanjing (photos) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)