Feb 2, 2014, 10:56 PM EST
We figure now’s a good time to see how some of them are reacting after the Seahawks’ 43-8 victory at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
We’ll start off with short-track star J.R. Celski, a native of the Seattle region that fired off this tweet during the Hawks’ demolition of Peyton Manning and Co. We’re thinking he’s pleased.
And as it turns out, pairs figure skater Alex Shibutani was thinking the same thing…
Also enjoying tonight’s outcome was halfpipe skier and Bellingham, Washington native Angeli VanLaanen.
But as you’d imagine, reactions were much different from Olympians cheering for the Orange and Blue.
Skeleton racer Katie Uhlaender apparently had bad flashbacks to the Broncos’ 55-10 loss in Super Bowl XXIV to the San Francisco 49ers…
Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn, who is not competing at Sochi due to injury but has joined NBC as an Olympics correspondent, wasn’t very happy either.
Then there was Canadian snowboarder and gold medal contender Mark Morris, who had another thought on his mind upon waking up in Sochi.
For the record, Seattle coach Pete Carroll wound up getting two Gatorade baths – one of which, ironically, was done with Orange Gatorade.
- K.C. Boutiette returns to World Cup speed skating for first time since 2006 0
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Yohan Blake details ‘dreams’ for 2015 0
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 1
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)