Feb 2, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
We figure now’s a good time to see how some of them are reacting after the Seahawks’ 43-8 victory at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
We’ll start off with short-track star J.R. Celski, a native of the Seattle region that fired off this tweet during the Hawks’ demolition of Peyton Manning and Co. We’re thinking he’s pleased.
And as it turns out, pairs figure skater Alex Shibutani was thinking the same thing…
Also enjoying tonight’s outcome was halfpipe skier and Bellingham, Washington native Angeli VanLaanen.
But as you’d imagine, reactions were much different from Olympians cheering for the Orange and Blue.
Skeleton racer Katie Uhlaender apparently had bad flashbacks to the Broncos’ 55-10 loss in Super Bowl XXIV to the San Francisco 49ers…
Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn, who is not competing at Sochi due to injury but has joined NBC as an Olympics correspondent, wasn’t very happy either.
Then there was Canadian snowboarder and gold medal contender Mark Morris, who had another thought on his mind upon waking up in Sochi.
For the record, Seattle coach Pete Carroll wound up getting two Gatorade baths – one of which, ironically, was done with Orange Gatorade.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)